PVP System Changes are listed here, and the PTR for Classic Era PVP is up. GREAT CHANGES

I don’t think you understand how the PvP system works :joy:

Each rank after the first few are 5K CP apart from each other. Rank 12 is 50k CP. Rank 13 is 55k CP. Rank 14 is 60k CP.

There is no way to design the system where it takes 8 weeks to hit 14 if hitting the cap each week and also have 5k increments between each rank, with decay, while also allowing slow and steady progress.

You can keep telling yourself that. We were given a potential decay cap as well as a potential CP awarded cap. All that space in between is nebulous for now.

The hypothetical 50k honor could award 2501 CP and that would still advance someone from 13 to 14.

No, it couldn’t. Because then you could go from rank 1 to rank 13 in a single week if you farmed the honor cap.

There is no cap on CP gain. Decay is the only thing that holds you back.

Did you even read their bluepost?

I did, which is why I know your hypothetical situation is impossible :joy:

1 Like

Read it again

Right. Honor is capped at 750K.

CP is not capped.

1 Like

Honor is not capped. You can continue to earn more than 750k honor but it wont contribute towards the amount of CP you can gain that week, which is capped.

Oh my god :joy:

They literally explain it in the blue post:

Based on a curve which maps honor to CP. For example, ~750k honor equates to 65,000 CP

You can reverse engineer the required honor needed to reach rank 14 from that alone.

You will need to earn very close to 750K honor to actually hit rank 14. No slow and steady there!

Is there or is there not a cap to the amount of CP a player can earn in a given week?

Only if you want to rank at max speed. They’ve made no comment yet on the minimum honor needed to net positive CP towards r14.

1 Like

Because honor is capped at 750K, you can’t earn more than 65K CP. But it’s because honor is capped. Not because CP is capped.

If you plug those numbers in to the existing formula, you will see that you need very close to 750K to actually maintain the cap.

The lower ranks are up in the air. Rank 14 is NOT up in the air. There will be no slow and steady path to rank 14.

2 Likes

So weekly earned CP is capped.

2 Likes

If you only needed 50K honor to outpace decay (your hypothetical “slow and steady scenario”)

But 750K honor awards 65K CP

And you only need 60K CP for rank 14…

Seems like you would hit rank 14 in a single week, no?

The amount of CP you can advance each week is gated.

Do share please

65K CP (the max you can earn in a single week) is more than the 60K CP needed for rank 14.

You could do it in a single week with your hypothetical scenario of 50K honor being “enough to outpace decay”

Decay is the the limiting factor here. Not CP. The amount needed to outpace decay at the higher ranks will be very close to the cap.

1 Like

WoW is not a MOBA :expressionless:
teams are gonna be imbalanced. a real PvPer embraces this.

1 Like

I think you are conflating RP with CP.

RP does not exist in the new system. The numbers are the same.

Standing 1 in the old system earned 65K RP… 750K honor in the new system earns 65K CP.

60K RP/CP is needed for rank 14.