PvP Set bonus. Again

I got my 2 set today, I only picked up the two set because I got set in vault, and had a free token. Played 6 or so Qs 30 rounds. Grabbed the chest and gloves because the chest has mastery/verse, the gloves have haste/mastery. Trying to mitigate the loss of vers mastery for a fair as test as possible.

The most Wrathful Sanction has added in a match is 3% so far, I’ve seen less than 2% many times. I’ll call it 3% just for the sake of argument. Without a bunch of pets around I’m not sure how it would be much higher. Saw Vangaurds was going as high as 4 but against demo ect.

Expurgation buff is nothing 15% on about 3.5% damage, adding about .5-.6%.

So the two set is adding 3.6% damage or so, in a good match. Keep in mind the sims put it at 4% but it’s nurfed 50% in PvP. Sim factoring in PvP nurf would be 2%. 3.6% is generous if you ask me.

I lost 2% Mastery. This is replacing two honor gear items with 489 items. The most we are talking about here is 1.6% if the sims are correct it’s nothing. 4% PvE being half effective in PvP would put it at nothing factoring in mastery.

Had I traded out conquest instead probably would have traded closer to 3% mastery. I lost a bit of verse but gained a bit of haste it’s a wash basically in terms of damage, but I do take smidge more damage about .77%.

2 set… It’s essentially nothing.

I’d like to point out that it’s also cleaving. I saw 1.1% for wrathful over 6 games where it wasn’t cleaving because enemy players were not bunched up. So far my results are showing on your primary target you will do less damage running the two piece. My hunch is it’s 70/30 loss/gain, and only a gain if it cleaves a lot and that would give you .6% damage increase and take .77% more damage. It’s nothing if not a loss.

4 SET

I looked at the 4 set items, yes I factored in scaling to 489. Numbers are not dead on but it will be within single digits. If I say 1000 verse it might be 1009 for example.

On my damage breakdown I generally show TV doing about 20-25% of my damage. With the 4 set not scaling properly and only amping 8% instead of 12.5% when you use CDs I’ll call it 10% to make it simple.

4 set will add 2-2.5% overall damage. (10% of TV doing 20-25%)

If I convert my conquest chest and helm I will lose about 370 Mastery and 1000 Verse.

I’m over 30% on both so I will have a penalty. It’s about 2% mastery and 3.7% verse. These are multiplicative. So this is about 5.8% damage.

The 4 set adds about -3.8% to -3.3% damage. My abilities will do less damage if I convert and take the 4 set. TV will hit a smidge harder but everything else does less, not to mention when you really want to hit hard (CDs up) it only amps TV ~2.2% above just stacking mastery verse at most, Lvladen found it to be less, almost nothing.

Wait a minute you say… If we lost verse/mastery we gained somewhere right? Yes, we do gain haste about 7% and about 2% crit. This does us little good. Why do I say that? They are not priority stats and If we want haste and a bit of crit we can build that set through conquest and not lose 1000 verse.

If you just do a rough estimate, those stats of haste and crit add 6-7% damage (simmed it’s 7%). Remember the set reduces overall damage by at least -3.3%. Now we factor in the additional 7% damage from the added haste/crit. Ultimately we are talking about a buff of as little as 3.2% to 3.7%, while adding 1.85% more damage taken.

Remember you could build haste items and not take the extra damage.

The two set is .77% more damage taken plus 4 set 1.85% = 2.62% more damage taken.

Total damage added for both is 3.2-3.7%

An immobile class like Ret tends to take a lot of damage.

If you subtract the extra damage you take from the damage added it’s a .58% to .1.08% PvP damage advantage. Maybe I did something wrong. Ok double that, triple that and it’s still sub par. A 3.7% damage increase without added damage taken is sub par.

Our set bonus would have been just as good if it was…

2 set =170 mastery bonus
4 set = 340 mastery bonus

Our 2 set and 4 set bonus are worth less… less than an honor rings mastery not factoring in the extra damage you take. You get 3.2-3.7% and you take 2.6% more damage. It’s such a wash it isn’t really worth. The two set and 4 set need to be stronger you could take the 4 set back to 50% (25% PvP) and it would be 6.4-7.4%. Is this out of line? Maybe to bursty? Then take it to 35%/17.5% at least. Have the two set increase expurg by 150% (75% in PvP). That would be around 2.6% on 2 set and about 5% on the 4 set. Not like Ret is crushing PvE anyway.

I feel confident in saying the following because it’s essentially true.

RET PALDIN HAS NO SET BONUSES THIS SEASON

1 Like

Yeah our tier is useless atm I think some rets are just testing it and others just copy paste the high rated ones. The numbers I ran even without the 4 set bug were pretty similiar. I grabbed the 2 set on one of my rets to test it anyway and its as expected. I only grabbed the chest because free token max level piece. I’ll replace when full conq. Its a dissapointing tier set. The plus side is we get a legendary thats actually solid in pvp even if it lost its ability entirely. Which right now it still works but is reduced in pvp.

Yea I only got two set from token and second week vault and it is worthless. I regret even picking up 2 set. And no Im not crafting 4 set I have the pieces but its just not good enough. Id much rather run with higher vers and mastery over whatever garbage they designed for us. Joke of a set.

The Lego should never be a factor in pvp , it creates unfair advantages for a plethora of reasons. Not to mention the over whelming number of pve players will never get it. Even fewer pvp players will get it.

Um lego can be obtained by lfr. Theres a weekly catch up mechanic for bad luck protection. Its very accessible for all players. Its also already nerfed in pvp. You can still get the highest levels in pvp without the legendary. The legendarys just a nice boost. Hunter leggo was fine. Evoker leggo was fine. If this one is out of control it will be nerfed more in pvp.

If im not mistaken bad luck protection works on heroic and above kills not lfr. Lfr is just at the mercy of the original drop rate.

Either way, that pve item has no place in pvp it has to nerfed to same power as pvp weapons or just disabled.

You get an item that increases your “attunement to shadowflame” or w/e that increases your chances to get it and encompass all the difficulties below the one you killed fyrak on.

So basically if you killed in normal, it includes LFR chances but not heroic, idk how this works with Fyrak not being killable in LFR last week, although it barely matters really.

If you kill it in Heroic than it includes normal and LFR.
So you don’t need to do it 3 times.

• To have a chance at getting Fyr’alath, the Legendary axe in World of Warcraft, players must defeat Fyrakk in Amirdrassil on any difficulty.
  • Higher difficulty settings have better odds of dropping the weapon, and harder clears include chances from uncompleted lower difficulties.
  • Players can collect Embers of Fyr’alath from bosses in Amirdrassil to increase their chances of getting the weapon in subsequent weeks.

Wait that sounds like it has better odds than nazuro overall? Or same

I think they stated that they wanted a less frustrating process of acquiring the lego than what Nazuro was.

Oh god now I mayhave to lfr then if its less frustrating to obtain.

1 Like

What ilvl is lfr , will that compete with conquest weapons?

Fyralath-the-Dreamrender is worth somewhere between 3% and 6% damage on single target depending on the DPS spec

Post deleted irrelevant.

The ilevel of the axe is the same on every difficulty. Off the top of my head its around 496. Higher then conq and every other wep. Higher difficulties only increase the drop chance. The ilevel is the same even from lfr

WHAT!

Ok that’s insane then. 492 for all difficulties?

Never had a lego drop. Did not know.

So with the catchup system would it be worth my time ?

i mean doing just lfr every week def worth your time just for the low % chance. if u can get into normal or heroic the chance increases a bit. But lfr at least is worth it yes