Warcraft Short Story: "The Calling"

Warcraft Short Story: "The Calling"

Since leaving the realms of Death, Anduin Wrynn has only sought to keep his hands busy. Plagued by night terrors and grisly flashbacks, the young king finally finds the isolation he seeks in Stormsong Valley, milling flour for a local village. But while Anduin may be able to hide his identity, he cannot escape who he is or the stuff he is made from.

View Full Article

18 Likes

He looks exactly like Handsome Squidward.

18 Likes

I want to pet that Fox.

13 Likes

Why is the Fox staring at me like he knows my secrets.

16 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Christie Golden is a professional writer.

Still, I wouldn’t call this a story. I’d call this a blurb, or a vignette. A mood piece. I kept clicking the “NEXT” to get to the next page but no, apparently that little bit is it!

4 Likes

I have always thought that Christie Golden was a lousy writer. This one reinforces that belief.

Holy Cow.

19 Likes

WAT

Like imagine criticizing writing while talking like this

6 Likes

Can Simon Cowell sing?
You don’t have to be able to do something to judge its quality.

2 Likes

A better idea would be to be, or perhaps not to be.

:face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Simon isn’t singing while judging the singing of others. See, that would undercut the authority.

Cool false equivalency, though!

2 Likes

Zelestriana isn’t writing a story to be published, and certainly isn’t being paid.

4 Likes

As Christie Golden is being paid, she is by definition a professional writer.

Congratulations, in your attempted defense of the person who writes poorly, you’ve also invalidated their commentary.

Please keep trying :smiley:

3 Likes

He/she wants some pets. Give him/her pets.

Yawn.
People who cling to literals opposed to the actual meanings are just a bore to hold conversation with.

2 Likes

You might often find that people who had no intention of holding a dialogue with you also have no intention of entertaining you in said dialogue.

And yet you continue to respond despite the conversation between us having ceased for what is now the fourth time. Please, don’t feel compelled to respond further.

As for the Author Christie, I thought she was canned.
She took to twitter saying how Blizzard fired her the day after her Nephew died. Surprised they’re continuing to publish her work.

3 Likes

LMFAO

1 Like

im so sorry but the art is a nope lol he looks like a sad puppy
and the fox is just staring into ur soul. it just doesnt look right at all.
not sure which ones worse 2 look at…

and idky but this sounds poorly written esp sayin it outloud lol

1 Like

Anyone else get AI vibes from the recent art?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say AI art but he looks kind of like a drunk with the whole blemished red face, and his chin is on the bigger side.

It’s definitely a “Hey Artist#12 whip something up on your tablet real quick for our meeting this afternoon” vibe.

1 Like