Larger Than Life - Brewfest is Here!

Larger Than Life - Brewfest is Here!

Do you love eating delicious faire food, drinking bountiful beverages, and riding rams around barrels of apples? Brewfest has arrived and you can do all that and more from September 20–October 6.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Yay!! Cant wait for the brewfest grind!
Hoping that maybe there is something new this year.

Cheers :beers: :beers:

Why is this headline not Lager than life?!

12 Likes

Why can’t we transmog the Brewfest clothes year round yet?

We can do it for the flower crowns

5 Likes

“First celebrated by the dwarves, Brewfest now holds appeal among all the races of Azeroth!”

You’re welcome.

10 Likes

I would love to see the 60% style kodo mount added as an earnable mount to complete the set of kodos and rams. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yee-haw! :ram:

Yes, please!

5 Likes

Well, Nothing new again…

Please create some kind of PvP brawl , new questlines or Boss fights…

2 Likes

I’m surprised Vadimier and Swarf haven’t posted yet. :thinking:

1 Like

another year of no updates, great

4 Likes

Oh my gosh this must be your favorite time of year.

1 Like

Damn autocorrect.

1 Like

I am new to WoW. This looks neat. Are there events on and off yearly?

we should be able to tmog all holiday tmogs yr round imo blizz is just being stingy for no reason . The same reason we still cant tmog wands over staffs hmph

4 Likes

Is there anything new this year aside from trinket item level increases?

1 Like

And now the dwarves don’t celebrate it anymore

I’m sectioning this first part of my post in a spoiler-esque span so that it doesn’t automatically dampen someone’s spirits or trigger anyone else who may have addiction issues. If you are not interested in a short acoholism-related story, you can skip right past and not click to expand the text.

Click here to read or just skip. Well, not to bring anyone down, but.... It's maybe more an interestingly ironic time for me. On November 12, I'll be 15 years sober. I'm an alcoholic and know I can never let myself have another drink, though that was a hard lesson learned. (Also, sadly, the friend who indisputably saved my life the day before that, was also an alcoholic and died last year at 38 from cirrhosis and liver failure because he also just could not drink socially or responsibly even though he was my biggest champion for a good while early on in my sobriety.)

I want to say not to take this post as trying to denigrate drinking, since just because I’m someone who has a problem that doesn’t mean I’m against it, and if I thought I could properly moderate myself, I would.

So, because I can’t got to the beer-fests/Straßenfest/Oktoberfest-type events anymore (nor the bar or anywhere remotely related), I do like to pretend with this game and be playful with Brewfest, in-game alcohol, dwarven drinking culture, etc. In my daily life, specifically, I just simply can’t really be around it: even though I’ve made it nearly 15 years, I just barely have the will power to not get up right now and drive to liquor store.

I kind of avoided Brewfest in '08—somehow, I managed to get the 60% Brewfest Ram and do much of the event's stuff in '07, even though I was a mess for most of the late summer and fall—but, I came to be able to have some fun with it by the next Brewfest. And, eventually, I've came to enjoy the Brewfest (and dwarven drinking) aspects of the game a lot, even though I can't enjoy similar things outside of the game anymore.
4 Likes

No new achieves or cosmetics or activities this year so I’ll be ignoring the event.

4 Likes

I wish I could give you my taste and tolerance for alcohol, then it would be much easier for you. Although then maybe I’d be the one with a problem.

1 Like