Additional Fated Power in Season 4 Fated Raids

This past weekend’s esports charity event, Xy’mox’s Charity Cache, provided the players with additional Fated Powers in Fated Raids. Though this might have looked like a detriment at first glance, capitalizing on double the Fated Infusions turns out to be a boon!

We believe that this feature should be available to all organized players, and so starting with the next weekly reset, players in Normal, Heroic, or Mythic Fated Raids will be able to opt-in to one additional Fated Power at the Fated Console, located near the entrance of each of the Fated Raids. These additional powers may be disabled at any time, but that won’t affect any in-combat encounters, and will not change how loot is awarded.

We know that many players have enjoyed the twists and fun of Fated Powers, and we hope that access to more will increase the fun.

Happy raiding!

11 Likes

let us opt in to all 4 :slight_smile:

My morbid curiosity wonders what a fight would be like with all 4 active.

2 Likes

Will we get to choose which additional affix is added? or are they predetermined?

1 Like

Can we please have some information on when all raids are released? For a new guild that has not raided these past tiers, it is very taxing to be rotating three different raids every week and learning everything.

1 Like

…does this include LFR?

Or are we getting passed over again?

1 Like

Can we choose which additional power we get?

It’s an option to have two powers, it’s not by default. LFR can barely handle a single power from the experience of my runs in it.

5 Likes

…so Blizz is just playing favorites again?

2 Likes

The original post outright states it’s for organized players in normal, heroic, and mythic. LFR is not organized, therefore this is not meant for them.

1 Like

Ok so we know who they aren’t catering for.

2 Likes

You know nothing Jon Snow.

3 Likes

Any word on the ability to remove the fated scaling and just do the old version of the boss?

5 Likes

As raid lead just use the fated console to turn it off. People made note of this on reddit, week 1 by noticing health loss and buff disappearing off sludgefist.

These affixes are a bit janky. In a well coordinated group it can make the fight considerably easier. In a group that isn’t coordinated it generally makes it harder.

Then you get the just awful combos of soaking on bosses that require specific positioning (think Jailor).

Personally I haven’t been a fan - at least not with their rotation nature. Maybe if they were static, so some thought was given as to how the affix interacts with the encounter, but how it stands - I hope we don’t see this again.

3 Likes

The one thing I would hope for is a fix to the hammering of the cpu that chaotic essence can do.

2 Likes

LOL no. LFR already struggles, now imagine more powers in LFR…you’d never clear it. 0% clear rate. “organized players” = preformed group aka normal and up.

1 Like

The cosmic damage from creation spark actually causes problems on Lihuvim and jailer (mythic specifically), combined with the time acceleration causing some other mechanics to act weirdly (jailer bombs blowing up early as an example)

3 Likes

Keep all arms and legs inside the ride at all times. Otherwise Blizz can’t ensure your safety.

runs off to enjoy the normal, heroic, mythic attractions

1 Like

Your raid used the fated fix aura 3 weeks ago?

Linking for everyone in case we can’t pick our second affix and you get creation spark again on jailer: https://wago.io/jsSzLFLLk

1 Like