Sepulcher of the First Ones Additional Tuning Changes -- March 29

The following changes in Sepulcher of the First Ones will be available after weekly regional maintenance:

Artificer Xy’mox

• Artificer Xy’mox health reduced by up to 10% based on raid size (10% at 10-player, 0% at 30-player) on Normal and Heroic difficulty.
  • Reduced Genesis Rings initial and periodic damage by 40% on Normal difficulty.

Prototype Pantheon

• Health reduced by 10%.
  • Members of the Prototype Pantheon now retreat at 40% health during Stage 1 and Stage 2.
  • Sinful Projections has been removed from Normal difficulty.

Halondrus the Reclaimer

• Health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Ephemeral Motes base movement speed reduced on Heroic difficulty.
  • Number of Ephemeral Motes in Stage 3 reduced on Heroic difficulty.
  • Volatile Charges no longer trigger a Charge Detonation when coming into contact with Ephemeral Motes or Lightshatter Beam on Mythic difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue causing Druid’s Mount Form to interact with Volatile Charges in unintended ways.

The Jailer

• Corrected issue where Defile’s growth can be triggered by Priests in Spirit of Redemption form.

These changes will be added to the hotfixes update later today.

3 Likes

Cool, I guess! I might one day do normal mode :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sweet!

How how about some nerfs for Anduin for 10 man raid sizes? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

1 Like

Is the 10% nerf to M Halondrus reflected in this, too? Because apparently the boss has 72M on Mythic, down from 80M.

EDIT: Also, release the Creation Catalyst early, I beg.

1 Like

Can you guys please look at moving the creation catalyst to release earlier? Feels so awful to be completely behind and excluded from M+ groups for not having 2pc 4pc.

2 Likes

A few more tuning changes and bug fixes are now live:

Halondrus the Reclaimer

• Health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Ephemeral Motes base movement speed reduced on Heroic difficulty.
  • Number of Ephemeral Motes in Stage 3 reduced on Heroic difficulty.
  • Volatile Charges no longer trigger a Charge Detonation when coming into contact with Ephemeral Motes or Lightshatter Beam on Mythic difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue causing Druid’s Mount Form to interact with Volatile Charges in unintended ways.

The Jailer

• Corrected issue where Defile’s growth can be triggered by Priests in Spirit of Redemption form.
1 Like

WEW LAD.

Yeah that’s a massive nerf. Now guilds can actually kill this boss on Mythic.

How many raid tuning passes are you guys going to focus on before we get some PvP balancing? There’s more then one community who plays this game :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Any chance you guys will hotfix add the Creation Catalyst now too or

5 Likes

Just open the creation catalyst instead of nerfing bosses. The tier will nerf the bosses.

It’s so simple.

4 Likes

Sweet! Any chance you’ll be addressing the needlessly disproportionate tier acquisition rates to help complete-engagement, outlying players missing tier completely in the early goings here? It seems like there is a severely unlucky few on here that aren’t looking forward to progressing at the rate of alts on 4/12. Any update would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 Likes

Meh; Halondrus absolutely needed a nerf of this nature regardless.

1 Like

It’s on purpose. They’re leaving people trolled to bait them along for the engagement metrics ride.

Basically leading a thirsty person along a desert towards an imaginary oasis.

You might be right, but my guess is that they wanted 4-set to feel luxurious at the cost of a remote few that have nothing to show for their efforts. It’s needless player pain in the context of everyone inequitably gaining access to CC on 4/12 anyway. The question is simple: if we’re all getting tier anyway, why create a situation where bad luck can be total in the meantime?

If you also have zero tier in week six despite having complete engagement, I see you. This was a really big miss for some of us.

2 Likes

Can you hotfix the first 5 bosses to also drop tier or put in creation catalyst this week? This waiting around in non-4set handcuffs is exhausting. I’m exhausted. I’m begging you.

I have no shame left, no dignity. I beg of you, please end this madness. Please.

3 Likes

Too late. I’m hard quitting m+ for a while now. They want to string me along with haha gottem type trolling with the textbook variable reinforcement schedule abuse.

I wish jailer actually dropped good loot so there was a reason to kill him.

Any chance you can just release raids not in a moronic state the first time instead about 30 nerfs in the first month?

4 Likes

Come to the realization the employees will always be out of touch and to treat the game as if it was in a permanently finished state. I honestly think they think they can drag people out as much as possible as if we’ll never see it or as if we’re too sunk costed to react negatively. What irks me more is how they’ve dissociated grinding from the gear progression system, so it’s an unsatisfying bread line handout controlled by control freaks leading people along dry.

Gone back to WoD solo questing because they’ve bricked the SL grinding experience.

At this point the bitter taste in my mouth is substantial enough that I don’t think even when the CC unlocks along with legion m+, that I’ll be playing SL or m+ content til they completely overhaul their gearing system.

I’d rather they let me actually pause my remaining sub time, but a gm in a support ticket told me no the other week.

Ill check back in when i see changes that actually affect my gameplay. Subs runs out soon plus I don’t have any gold to buy legendaries ayways.