Fallen Charger Update

We’ve read feedback from players and observed in-game activities that have led us to see that the Fallen Charger could be better configured.

The initial design intention with Fallen Charger was to make it similar to the Time-Lost Proto-Drake, but that setup didn’t match how other rare spawns behave in Shadowlands, so we changed it on the PTR to work like other rares, where players would want to organize to defeat it because the drop chance would be meaningful enough to warrant doing so.

However, there’s a growing sense of frustration for many as the mount currently feels like something that requires repeated and constant grinding in Group Finder. So with a hotfix that is going live soon today, we’re making three updates to the Fallen Charger:

• It will now drop an appropriate amount of Maw loot, such as Stygia, Ve’nari Reputation, and a chance for a Korthian Armament.
  • It will now incur the daily loot lockout when you kill it.
  • We’ve increased the drop chance of the Reins of the Fallen Charger by 3x.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this.

34 Likes

To clarify this:

When you say increased, do you add 300% of the original rate to the original rate for a total of 400% of the original rate OR do you multiply the original rate by 3 to get a total of 300% of the original rate? AKA should we multiply the rate by four or three?

Thanks for the update.

8 Likes

Thanks, Kai

1 Like

That’s sad to see. The game needs rare items, everyone doesn’t deserve everything someone else has.

26 Likes
12 Likes

The Time-Lost Proto Drake, a rare famous for only occasionally dropping a mount when killed.

26 Likes

Will the mount’s spawn rate better reflect that of similar Maw rares, or will its spawn rate remain unchanged? Part of the problem with this mob was many groups camping it for (as they’ve been reporting) several hours at a time.

1 Like

The daily lockout will certainly help curb the “Group Finder grinding” and is an excellent change :smiley:

1 Like

I lucked out and got it in my first group, so I’m good. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

It’s an RNG drop.
Not a Gladiator mount.

42 Likes

And as Kaivax said:

2 Likes

Of all the worth things to complain about, you picked THIS!? Find something more worthwhile. It’s going from a 5% drop that you could farm 24/7 to a 15% you can try once per day.

24 Likes

I was really hoping the title “Fallen Charger Update” was going to announce it would be able to fly. There is no reason to have this a ground only mount while Blanchy, PvP Couriers, Dreamrunners, Cindermanes, etc can all fly.

25 Likes

Not really sure why the group finder grinding is a problem.

My issue is with terrible drop rates and unreasonable lockouts.

World bosses with a < 1% drop chance are awful. On the flip side, the Huolon mount, with a 30 minute respawn I think is fair.

Doing both ultimately just makes it feel like a colossal waste of time.

8 Likes

Doesn’t matter.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Same thing I was thinking, I’ll pass. I’m in korthia and oribos as little as possible, I don’t need ground only mounts.

3 Likes

Yes I agree with this!!!

1 Like

I unfortunately don’t. I don’t like that horses fly. I tolerate the unicorns, but not regular horses. It feels silly to me. I’m not asking to remove them because clearly people enjoy it, but personally they’re not for me

2 Likes

Bruhh…

4 Likes

yeah but make the fallen charger fly. or this is for naught.

4 Likes