PVP Ranking System - Feedback

I’m a simple guy, I want to login and play a few pvp matches or some world pvp. The current ranking system requires upwards of 500k honor in a single week to be farmed for the upper ranks. While I do my pvp I usually earn 5k-10k/hour. This means I have to spend 50 hours per week in the best case scenario to earn the most competitive pvp gear. Instead if I raid, I can earn gear at a much lower time cost/week albeit at a slower pace in most cases. Can we not come to a compromise that allows the most competitive pvp gear to become more achievable without such a large time commitment crammed into a single week? Currently I would have to take a week off work to gain some of the higher ranks. I think I am not alone in this. Any one have any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe just allow us to chip away at ranking bit by bit each week. If you farm more honor you get the gear faster but eventually, with enough consistent play, you will get it.

3 Likes

This would help BGs alot, when its dead season like rn, its a huge gamble to start the grind to only fall short cause you cant find a BG etc.

Having Honor be able to work towards that rank without it all going to waste would be a welcome change and would improve BGs in general

1 Like

I think there are actually progression checkpoints in that if you get halfway to the next rank you do not lose all of that progress when the week resets. I could be wrong.

Also, this is essentially what commendations are. It’s already implemented into the game. PVP in STV earn commendations, set them aside until you have enough to go up a full rank.

pve gearing is twice as fast as ranking to 13-14

I didn’t read that giant cheese block of text, but the first sentence or two says it all.

Break points in the honor system need to be increased.

You’re currently saying we have to eat the entire cake at once or get no cake at all.

When most of your player base just wants to take it piece by piece.

1 Like

The rank system is kind of odd to say the least in SoD.

It doesnt work that way, you need to hit honor caps and each increases by alot. If you fall short your “work” goes to waste.

Rank 3 - 11500
Rank 4 - 33750
Rank 5 - 45000
Rank 6 - 77500
Rank 7 - 110000
Rank 8 - 142500
etc.
The system is bad cause it doesnt matter how much honor you made unless you hit those breakpoints. You can be rank 7 and you still need to go 0 → 142500 within the week to rank up. Essentially it makes no sense to do BGs unless youre going for the maximum rank progress. Cause doing it 1 rank at a time is just stupid, you end up doing more “work” for the same rank.
Ex. Youre rank 6, you want to get to 8, you get 142500 honor that week, boom youre rank 8.
Ex2. Youre rank 6 you want to get to 8, you get less than 142500 honor that week but more than 110000 boom youre tank 7, next week you need to grind out 142500 to get to 8. Essentially penalising you 110000 honor that you gathered already cause it doesnt matter in your grind to 8

You cannot chip away at it, you need to fully commit. And with BGs being few and far between commiting = huge risk. You might end up shy of the breakpoint cause theres no bgs going on and have hours go to waste.

This has to be addressed tbh cause it makes people shy away from doing BGs in the first place and attempting to rank up. Its a counterintuitive system that doesnt promote fun and is up on its head tbh

2 Likes

What’s crazy is that it doesn’t incentivize continual pvp or even to prolong it.

Week 1, a few games to get 2 or 3.
Week 2, 45k to hit 5
Week 4, a big push to 7 and 110k.

If you can’t hit that… it’s not even worth doing; outside of the people that just enjoy pvp for the sake of it.

8 is the max in P3? I thought it was 7… Also, there’s still a max gain of 3 ranks per week, right?

Oh that’s true. They also just announced commendations will be cheaper and are designed to help rank up. Bit of a work around and it forces me to participate in blood moon but I will do this thank you.

Definitely not a perfect system but yeah you can stockpile those bishes.

I actually didnt even know about the breakpoints until a few days ago. Without reading the fine print of an external addon (and guildie pointing it out), I just thought I was chipping away at it.

I was also handing in my STV honour tokens as I received them, so wasted however many lol

Just wait until you realize that horde queu timers, even in a premade are nearly 30minutes per game.

Good luck clearing the r14 caps playing so few amount of games in a day… let alone if you actually have a job.

The queues are literally doubling or tripling the amount of grind time Horde players are going to need to hit caps… and the majority of it will be AFK sitting there waiting on damn queus.

Wait till alliance cant que up cause there wont be enough horde playing bgs cause of the queues and everything will shift to farming the disliked STV etc

Alliance will push BGs really early and then stop as soon as they hit rank/rep. Alliance really doesn’t care to PVP when they let enhance shaman absolutely blow up alliance players for an entire phase. That crap was really discouraging and they never fixed it so they actually destroyed the player base for alliance pvp’ers. There will be a new chance at the beginning of p4.