PvP Ranking BUG - RANKS NOT UPDATED

So for many players, myself included, PvP ranks did not accurately update. My pvp rank updated only on my classic clone, not my tbc character.

I made sure to get all my ranking in before the deadline that blizzard gave us, as did many other players.

This issue is clearly a glitch caused by the snapshot cloning service that blizzard has implemented.

The fact that we have gone this long without an official response from blizzard is in my eyes, ridiculous and unacceptable. Many of us wasted time and money (if anyone took days off to do some pvp like I did). This is a multi-million dollar company and for us customers to get screwed over with no official response is a little more than disheartening.

I put in a ticket as soon as I was able to log onto the TBC server and noticed my rank was not updated. I got a response back from blizzard, they closed my ticket and gave me no option to have a live chat with a GM. Here is the message I sent, and the response I got, which incidentally came from a blizzard EU employee. Does this seem okay to any of you? It doesn’t seem okay to me.

My Ticket:
“My pvp ranking did not update on the TBC classic realms, it only updated on the classic vanilla realm.
I spent the last 2 weeks ranking up in my free time to make sure I would hit knight rank in TBC classic. Unfortunately the character snapshot seems to have been taken before my rank was achieved. The rank was correctly awarded to my CLASSIC character as I said, but not my TBC character. I read on the forums that I am not the only one experiencing this issue.”

Blizzard response:
"Greetings, Holland!

Thank you for your patience! Sorry about the wait, our office equipment is goblin made so explosions do happen!

Could it be that you achieved your rank on the last day before the maintenance? The snapshot of your character to be cloned was taken the day before, so anything done after that won’t count. You can read more about that at PvP Weekly Honor Calculations Date and Time If that’s not the case then you can create a bug report via the bug report option in the ticket system. Then our developers can look into this further and fix any possible issues. Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,

GM Xyresyk,
The one with the slightly singed hair,
Blizzard Europe"

2 Likes

bump same thing and I pushed hard for this.

1 Like

It’s really unfortunate this has affected so many people. I’m really hoping they pull through on fixing this one!

Yea it happens to me too but did it get fixed for you in your TBC char?

No they haven’t fixed it on my TBC character. I hope they do. Did they fix it for you?