Pvp rank 14 pay to win ? and bias bracket leader

hello everyone
i will dont hide and will be 110% honest on my feeling about classic wow vs the vanilla era

i feel a most in every aspect of the game is very easy to exploit and become corrupt in 2020,

now i just reach rank 12 , and is very obvious this is the battle of consumable $$$ potion of Invulnerability battle standard $$$, so to reach rank 12, 13, 14 you need to play around 16 to 20 hour a day

why i`m saying is pay to win

because is very obvious playing 16 to 20 hour a day you can not farm gold to pay all your consumable and will run out short very quick and end with no gold , some player try to run dual account to make gold but this is not the best option , and the other option gold seller something i hate the most and will report every time ,

i just reach 12 and is terrible the amount of gold selling message and mail box message i receive , also the bracket system look very good in theory , sadly most of the time are control from big guild favoritism they player and also they sell premade spot .

how to fix all these issue in my opinion ,
i dont have the perfect answer
but i think only allow player to stick with they region server us on us eu on eu and aisan play on asian server ,i dont see any benefit in 90% of the case playing a server from 15 hour flight you will only get lag , the only have benefit are the gold seller ,

about the ranking system and more the bracket stacking, this is really bad in my opinion , the syseme himself is very good , but most of the time the small group individual taking control of the bracket is really bad in 70% of the time because bias decision the time these leader have a lot of free time they stack the bracket highter and the time they are busy lower the bracket he got so many bs same with low rank guild mate are offer nigher bracket spot , i think the ranking system today is just so bad vs in vanilla ,

i dont expect my opinion be popular , because the one exposing this benefits these player , anyway have a good day

5 Likes

This was exactly how pvp ranking worked in Vanilla. It’s bad, it’s a weird grind, you can’t actually do it without some sort of support. The way it used to be done was you basically waited your “turn” to rank in a giant pvp cartel. It’s probably how it’s being done now. Humans find the most efficient way to exploit any system, it’s in our nature.

And yet tons of ppl signed up for this silly grind. Probably because it’s fun and rewarding, even if you don’t rank, if you let it be.

4 Likes

Anyone who played Vanilla knew exactly how many consumables were required for serious ranking. They used this knowledge to farm before hand. Honestly, since queue times became higher than I anticipated…I had stockpiled significantly more than I needed.

Bracket Stacking on the other hand lets everyone get their ranks quicker, with a significantly healthier amount of hours invested. I can understand people thinking that they’re being slighted when told they’re going to have to wait their turn…but it really does result in everyone getting their ranks faster.

4 Likes

It blows my mind that you have 10 edits but stuck with that grammar. That’s dedication.

22 Likes

OP is obviously not a native English speaker and did pretty well. I’m sure they did better in our language than you would in theirs.

36 Likes

Upvoted for knowledgeable reply. Not intended as an endorsement for bracket stacking. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anyone going for rank 14 likely knew exactly what to expect and prepared beforehand

I knew i was going to want to pvp a lot when the honor system came out so i consciously farmed about 6k gold through mostly devilsaur farming. And im not even going for rank 14

The only “pay 2 win” aspect of the rank 14 grind is the real life pay 2 win system we all live with, having the funds to be able to play the amount of hours required without becoming homeless/dead

2 Likes

With an hour between ques, how do you not have time to grind gold?

Mining and Herbalism is what every single top ranker on my server is doing between ques if their not a mage or able to do jump runs.

The ironic part, is that he is also complaining about the player-made solution to the IRL pay-to-win of hours invested. If all parties are on board, bracket stacking can significantly reduce the total hours needed for all parties and streamline people’s pipeline through ranks.

Oh my god you literally just want to complain that’s exactly what this thread is. You people always try to find even the slightest thing that you think is pay to win. This game is not pay to win at all. Just spend more time farming gold. Make a mage this is my alt and made him just for gold farming. 600g/day and that’s just for starters. Real life currency has nothing to do with pvp lmao

Just going to throw it out there, find the people on your server that you are competing with/against for ranking. There is very very few groups that push for R 14 so getting in with them is how you do it. (they grind with you and then stop at a certain amount of honor then you can pug whats left to ensure you get your rank)

a bit funny you deny gold selling but on the other hand you need to farm 6k gold for ranking idk what is the purpose of gold selling and i think selling 6k of gold is a good opportunity for a gold seller :slight_smile:

Ive only gone through like 2-3k of it, and a chunk of that was buying the AV mount

I only farmed that much because i also raid and i respec often and bought a bunch of flasks

Every pvp ranker i know either farmed before hand like me, or are being funded by guildies

Nobody is going to compromise their rank 14 account buying gold

1 Like

You just build your bank before pvp releases…

Some of these guys had 30k in mats the first month…And have controlled the markets ever since.

Rankers don’t buy gold from gold sellers they jsut buy it from guildies and basically never get caught. Just ask your local AH rper to buy some. Or some one who sits in dungeons farming gold doing boosts. Whatever

edit - ofc i don’t cuz i’m paid bois cough also i don’t have to go 14 paladin ez life

100% with the amount of competition, the first r14s were botting or account sharing.

Something Blizzard should…ya know, look into.

You’re actually off about some things.

Most players planned ahead, getting to 60 in a few days. If their goal was to pvp, their best option was to layer hop and gather mats preparing for phase 2. Buy low sell high.

They knew what items were going to sell in later phases and what items were going to go up, etc. investments. That’s mostly what it was

Just stop using consumes, do you really need to win every match? If so then farm gold.

1- Nobody is going to compromise their rank 14 account buying gold agree to some point ,but funny you speak like is the only way you can have good from gold seller , the gold just have to transit from other player , lol all excuse are good to be in deny , btw what rank you are ?

OP did much better typing in english, which is not their native language (you can tell by certain small clues and patterns) than a lot of native english users.

And way way better than i would even come close to, in trying to type in something like spanish.

@OP
WoW PVP never did have a great rating/competition framework.
The gameplay part was fine, but the framework always kind of stunk compared to many other things, including blizzard’s own other games.

You were supposed to make your gold before BGs began.

2 Likes