PVP Pet Battles

I’m having a terrible time even in battle pet week getting a match for Pet battles. Trying to finish the 250 wins and stuck at 239 because battles never pop. It says waiting list 2 minutes when I first join and I can sit in waiting list for over an hour and it doesnt find a match. I had friend try on their account now granted they dont pet battle but they got a match right away. I feel I’m bugged in some manner or it’s trying to find an opponent with same experience and can’t.

1 Like

Late last year Blizzard obviously put in some sort of experience-matching for pet PvP, unannounced of course. Just that players working on achievements suddenly started seeing endless queues even during Pet Battle weeks.

Some justification, pet PvP never got really popular as newcomers got creamed over and over and gave up on it. But the new matching system, whatever it is, means the old-timers are now bailing too.

1 Like

Yeah this achievement needs to be seriously reduced.

If I remember correctly they made it so people with larger collections or with more level 25 pets or whatever, would only face others with similar “strength”. Even though someone like myself is more likely to use 3 random wild-caught weak-medium strength pets, it doesn’t matter as I’ll only ever face tryhard teams/players only playing for wins or achievement and not simply for fun. I wish they either got rid of this restriction (because really, it makes no sense), or if not, then make a “casual” PvP mode for pet battles, where it doesn’t count for achievement and can simply be played for fun. Because that’s all I want, personally, is to play other people for fun not for “some reward”. The reward for me is the interaction of the battle and the pets and creativity used.

2 Likes

This bums me out. I have a very large collection, but only recently started trying to do the pvp pet battles. Last week, I got a bunch of matches. This week, been waiting hours and no queue pop.

1 Like

Last week was a Pet Battle Bonus Week. Those attract a lot of players working for the Ultimate Battle Training-Stone reward. Before Blizzard put in some sort of matching system, also attracted all the experienced achievement seekers with teams that easily slaughtered new players.

The matching, with its long, long queues that sometimes never pop, seems to be discouraging the heavy-duty guys. Whatever its criteria is, possible you’ve won enough matches now that you’re considered a heavy too and won’t ever see a casual player show up.

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah… my teams seem to have wrecked most everyone I faced last week. I guess I just try hard on pet weeks. ./sigh