PvP needs spell batching or the meta is tarnished

Except it was, and there are dozens of arena videos that corroborate that. Why do you say it wasn’t consistent or predictable when people consistently predicted it in videos and live on twitch up until four years ago?

35 Likes

No, this isn’t contradicting myself, you are just confused on what I am saying. What I am saying is the top players like maybe the top .5% of people are even going to be attempting half of these split second ccs on top of the opponents cc. BUT even though they may be good enough to time these, it is still EXTREMELY lucky if they pull them off. Think of it as a 1/10 chance even if they time it correct. A 1/10 chance to avoid something in your scenarios by no means determines meta.

That’s like saying “Hey if you get rid of the Mind Control bug where the enemy DCs then this changes the meta for disc priests because thats what they used to win sometimes”

You are just wrong I am sorry

3 Likes

That’s fine if you want to pretend that, you’ll probably be blaming everytime you lose on you not getting lucky.

3 Likes

Except any top player will tell you that’s total nonsense and that bad players telegraph their blinks, deathcoils, kidneys, and everything else and it was why beating them was so easy. It only would become “rare” when two good players were fighting each other because they were aware of these situations and were actively trying to avoid being countered by them. That’s what meta is.

37 Likes

No that’s just people ignoring all the times that only spell actually went off because the server was resolving spells as intended.

3 Likes

Okay, well, lol stick a fork in PvP, yet again.

Spell batching will only affect the highest of the highest level PvP

This is one of the changes that cant be fought

It only affects the highest of the highest level PvP which makes it one of the changes that cant be fought. It’s like pottery, this really takes me back to 2010

26 Likes

I want to see Classic be like Vanilla, so this needs to be back in.

There was also a huge change to how melee attacks hit when Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch was released. Basically you could hit from further away. Blizzard only has to watch the videos to see it. I don’t know what technically changed, I and others would discuss it with Bashiok to try to find out the exact change. But we were all there on the forums explaining how some skill was removed from the game because of these changes.

All Blizzard has to do is watch the old pvp videos. Those of top tier players and those of mid tier players (or lower). And Blizzard can see, the game responded differently, and allowed for more skillful play. I played against all levels of players including Rank 1 Gladiators in the Nightfall battlegroup. The top guys separated themselves with their ability to move properly in the old system. Then Wrath hit, and the bar was lowered and top 1% of players got lumped in with the top 10% of players. It wasn’t good for the game.

24 Likes

‘Any top player’

Show me where any top player is complaining about this please. Also read what I just said above. Changing something that already gave you a minuscule chance to perform something, once again, will not change the meta. IDC what you have to say after this because if you can’t understand that simple statement then there is no point in reading all the nonsense you have said. I gave you reasons why your statements are false, if you don’t believe them or agree with them then fine! But that’s on you

4 Likes

I think you need to start quoting the part where I also say that is also an extremely small chance for it to happen anyway. Or just keep cherry picking what I say to try and push your agenda, thats fine.

3 Likes

Okay but why do you say they rarely happened? Because they rarely happened for you? If you never competed in PvP then that’s cool, different strokes, but you’re spewing nonsense - and why? Because you want what they changed in WoD to stay? What exactly was so great about WoD? Lmao.

36 Likes

No they actually very rarely happened, what happened most of the time is only one spell went off because everything resolved the way it was supposed to.

3 Likes

Okay but doing this stuff barely took more insight/reaction than shadow word deathing a sheep. What is the basis for saying that it rarely happened. Because good players were rare? If it was so rare then how did every rogue and their brother fill their frag videos with clips of every time they vanished a spell?

31 Likes

batching wasn’t random, it’s time based, that made it easy to push or stall abilities into either side of the batches and was completely reliable as long as your ping was stable

32 Likes

What Ziryus said, what you are gathering is probably information from highlights where it was actually pulled off. And I have competed in pvp my whole life, I have gotten 2600+ on this account and glad multiple times on other accounts.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/korgath/Enhancelord

Not that it really matters because we aren’t talking about who did what, we are talking about how this actually works in terms server issues and split second casts.

Yeah because that’s what I said. If you want to make a good argument you have to stop putting thoughts into peoples words that aren’t there. You know… like an adult would. I said, that there is no way for them to replicate this and there is nothing we can do about it, and this won’t change anything in the long run

1 Like

Yeah, I lived in Los Angeles and played on Irvine servers and Boston Servers. I’d adjust my gameplay accordingly to do my best. It was predictable.

18 Likes

Bottom Line: How can the argument asking for mechanics changes to be from Wrath/WoD in Classic be any different from asking for any other game changes like dual talents, or wow store or bag space quality of life changes also be in Classic?

It’s simple. The mechanics weren’t in Vanilla (or even BC). They don’t belong in Classic.

24 Likes

It’s not a mechanics change, it’s a server architecture change, the mechanics were never supposed to allow for what the OP is describing.

3 Likes

No I’m gathering it from having actually competed in arena and I’m linking you evidence so that you see the writing on the wall. Even if you stretch the idea that it was uncommon, you have no basis for how uncommon it was. I mean, double fragging with one awp shot is uncommon but that doesn’t mean you strip bullet penetration away from CS. Aside from everything else, the batching was completely deterministic.

And again why would anyone argue against restoring it? Was MoP laggy? Was Cata laggy? They used spell batching, lol. The only reason I’ve seen against it is “it would take too much work from Blizzard” which is complete nonsense if you want your money’s worth

22 Likes

Look dude. It is so hard to talk to you like an adult when you are suggesting I’m advocating against restoring it. After I have told you three times now that’s not what I’m saying. Read this like a big boy. I don’t like that it will be gone. But I accept that there is nothing we can do. Do you understand that? Yes or no?

3 Likes

Okay but they still ended up balancing the meta around these mechanics. They never intended SW:D to be a “get out of cc free” card but then ended up balancing arenas around the fact that it could be used creatively like that. I mean heck, in TBC seal twisting was officially recognized as a bug but they officially stated they would leave it unchanged because it was a part of ret’s dps rotation for brutallus etc

24 Likes