PvP Issues Organized Megathread Plea for Aid to Community Council and Blizzard

A bunch of them do, Warrior looks intense, Evoker. It’s gonna be a lot of fun engaging with all these new and different abilities in PvP but I think we’re gonna find out pretty fast what is absolutely busted and what is just down right useless, and it’ll probably take the whole xpac to try to balance them if they even attempt it.

1 Like

Oh I fully expect it to be an absolute mess! I have zero faith on these things working proper. The illusion of choice is already there, this will only expand on it.

2 Likes

I agree, I think they’ll try their best to provide balance for the Hero Talents in PvE but will fail to achieve it, and for PvP they won’t even attempt it unless public outcry grows deafeningly loud.

For all the trouble I’m sure they’ll prove to be I really wish they’d have taken the ball and ran with the Class Adjacent themes as much as possible, would have been cooler and maybe not everyone would play the meta.

Balancing all those specs is hard enough, not to mention I’ll bet there will be bugs and interactions they won’t notice for weeks or months

1 Like

can someone start a hypothetical gofundme to find the pvp dev

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Introduce Yourself Here:

We’ve new members in the CC, Lunele seems like a casual pvp enjoyer.

I hope they bring new topics or check previous topics, since we lost some members that cared about pvp or help us with threads there.

I’ll keep asking for changes in PTR, specifically prestige system…

I can’t believe how Blizzard created that and forgot about this system for 5+ years now.

3 Likes

Thank you for linking that, I did notice that Lunele commented on Cyrios old post which I am personally very grateful for. I hope other CC Members will hop on board and help us fix WoW PvP which is unfortunately in tatters. Revamping the Honor system could very well be the best way to bring in new incentives for players who are jaded by the poor state of things or players who feel the current barriers of entry aren’t worth the trouble.

I would actually chip in on that if I though Blizz wouldn’t spend the money elsewhere lol

1 Like

I wonder if that would actually work? If anyone does set this up, please let me know!

1 Like

If Bobby were still around the money would go straight to the snack bar on his yacht, but with Bobby gone perhaps a Gofund me is our last hope XD

A revamp to the Honor Prestige system would be most welcome.

3 Likes

Some of our best incentives for PvP come from the honor system like Mounts, Titles, and Toys. Add to it that separately we get fairly easy access to non Elite transmog sets and we have get new pvp set appearances each expansion and sometimes season, plus Rated/Elite mounts and titles, we do have a fair deal of incentives to PvP but due to the staggering amount of barriers of entry and the often times poor class balance the incentives we have are currently not enough to bring in new blood and or even keep players from leaving.

One thing I’d really like to see is more gold tied to PvP, for players who mostly PvP we don’t have much income. Rewards stop at what like Honor LvL 500 right? alot of us are higher than that now, it would be wise to build on this. There are of course lots of other awesome things that could be added.

Actually I think theres few players above 500 (we can check owners of the mount in data for azeroth and it less that 1%, obviously not the whole playerbase does pvp but its really low), mostly ranked players that live only for pvp, the casual scene is below even 125 honor level, since each track requires 8800 and the game provides low amounts due to honor being used for upgrades too.

I know some players abused a WQ back in legion and reached 500+ level.

It needs a whole revamp, honor being used for upgrades and this system is an issue, rewards evert 25-50-100 levels is bad.

1 Like

You’re totally right, most players over Honor LvL 500 either abused the quest back in Legion or are running Premade Epics day in and day out farming up to like HL 1900, which in its own way you could definitely say is an on going exploit.

Plunderstorm is the new pvp now

2 Likes

Wish we could play our actual characters in it and use our regular abilities in conjunction with the collectible powers but it does sound like lots of fun. Thanks for dropping in Cyrios! and thanks again making that post for us, I’m curious, now that you’re off the Council are you still able to comment on it?

I was really hoping this would be an open world event or something where we could have Warmode On and do some actual Pirate PvP stuff, but on the bright side I think it might be a good medium for non PvP players to get their feet wet in low pressure competitive play and maybe draw in some new blood for real PvP. Wish they’d fix some of the issues in this post though so when the new blood shows up they don’t run away screaming XD

1 Like

Its limited time, I hope it’s fun and implemented as an actuall evergreen event. I expected something like this for holidays. We’ve a cooking impossible brawl change it to prepare love chocolate and maybe some paticles, assets changed during that event, same for the soup event…devs can mix / match existing features and improve gameplay but they dont do it. Involve different communities :man_shrugging:

Something like this would have been more appealing to me, I wish they’d do this minus the super powers then just slap a few flags on the map and send in 4 separate Pirate crews and whoever controls the flags gets the most points and wins the game. Boom New BG done. So easy, why has it been 5yrs?

Devs spent time for a FOMO PVP event when most PVP players dislike Seething Shore.

What is going on over there at BlizZard HQ???

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

I have to agree with this. I can’t imagine the number of players at 500 are anything more than a completely negligible fraction.

I also tend to think it would be unhealthy to increase the honor level cap. It’s a built-in long term grind, but the larger the grind is made, the more the early rewards seem meaningless to people, and the “new” rewards seem unreachable to virtually everyone they’d be meant to attract.

The most likely effect of adding a bulk of new honor levels is that it just makes an existing problem (unrated BG premades) even worse, as the incentive to dominate as a premade for large-scale honor farming would get a burst of renewed interest.

If I remember right, I wouldn’t say anyone abused those WQ’s, so much as it was Blizzard’s formula for converting honor level into an account bound system having unexpected results to the playerbase. There were artifact weapon skins that came from grinding honor, and a lot of people wanted to unlock those skins on multiple classes. When Blizzard changed honor level to being account bound, those players received credit for all their characters combined. Afterwards, the value of those WQ’s to honor got severely reduced.

It worked out so that people who worked up multiple characters’ honor levels during the normal course of Legion got a very high account-wide honor level. That alone would not have been a problem, but it was paired with making honor gains relative to the honor levels much more measly with WQ’s (and arguably other sources). Most of the players who really benefited never planned it though or saw what was coming, it was just the normal method for working on those artifact skins, that got retroactively heavily rewarded with the conversion.

The long term effect was a general recognition that if you grinded honor during Legion on multiple characters (which usually incorporated doing those WQ’s routinely as a chore), you had a much smaller grind than someone who just PvP’d on a main at the time (like me), or someone who only jumped into the PvP stuff after Legion.

It was the murloc world quest, there’s videos in youtube about that exploit.