PVP is in the best state in a long time!

disparity is one of the reasons why its too heavy, also covenant abilities and handful of other factors attribute to this as well.

idk if he failed but im sure it would have made players rely on consistent skill rather than gear.

I’m being over the top here trying to beat down the “it’s skill that is keeping you down” argument with respect to rated BGs.

Skill is important, but it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good team around you.

or the tools to back you up, i.e gear. agreed.

Good to see the optimism! I see some complaints never change but hey, if people don’t like it they don’t have to play.

2 Likes

For someone with no rating you sure do have strong opinions on everyone else’s ratings this season.

1 Like

When someone starts impugning someone else’s “skill” when they have a poor record themselves, I might say something. I don’t go around insulting people who don’t deserve it.

The guy is saying that someone has no skill because they don’t have rating in rated battlegrounds. Anyone intelligent and honest will tell you that having a decent team is the larger barrier.

You can already sort of see this in general on the live servers;
1500 is the starting MMR.

You have people tanking down sub 1,000 quickly because the skill floor is much higher to participate than it ever was, and there just simply aren’t enough “bad/new” players to maintain 1500 as the entry point.

It’s kind of sad.

powerful.

if they start putting dirt on pizza and say this is how pizza is now, do you still like pizza? well, yeah… just without the gross. thats pretty much how i feel about the game and im sure there are more than myself with that feeling.

3 Likes

Yeah I love getting pubstomped by 220 horde while most of my alliance BG is full of ilvl180 players

Also enjoy getting globaled by ret and fire mages

This is the exact same problem that happened in Burning Crusade.

All the skilled players that happened to play a meta class rise quickly to the top, then they get the best gear that keeps them at the top.

Anyone off-meta or late to the game faces a huge ilvl disparity and therefore must put in a disproportionate effort to beat those already geared meta players.

It sucks.

3 Likes

Yeah I joined late after being on Classic for awhile, and it’s starting to just not be fun, rather go back to classic.

Even HWL gear doesn’t have the insane disparity a 200 ilvl player and a 220 player has on retail.

Who cares its a game lmao. I love the people who feel special because their good at a minigame even the game devs could care less about.

I offered a chance to come play with ranked players and get some Cr and gear. If not my community someone else’s. They are everywhere. It’s hard to get 2k+ in lfg pugs. Close the gap on ilvl by playing with like minded players. We don’t allow rage nerds in our group So its fun for everyone.

1 Like

There’s no class or spec that can’t hit 1400, probably 1600 in 2s. :woman_shrugging:

the numbers reported by blizzard, although old, say otherwise about participation in pvp fine sir.

its not the interest thats lacking but the developers, or their overlords, that are disconnected from what could potentially be something amazing and truly engaging with pvp.

i havent seen any brewmasters, or survival hunters, or blood dks, or destro/demo locks, frost or arcane mages, assasin or outlaw rogues, fury wars up over 1800k yet.

worse part is playing alt is suffering

1 Like

Shocking, a Horde Disc Priest loves how PVP is currently. In other news water is wet.

2 Likes

I agree that “just do RBGS” is not the same experience for everyone. If you are not the Meta class(boomkin) you will be sitting for hours in LFG just to get a sub par group at a rating that is below your current ilvl. I do it just for the vault honor but the experience is draining and not fun. I dont know why I keep doing it but I am addicted to the possibility of getting some leech or speed gear from a vault roll.

This isn’t true. Spec isn’t the only factor. If you’re a demo lock, with no gear, and no exp, you won’t get groups. If you’re a demo lock at 226 level and 2400+ exp, you’ll get into whatever groups you want. People see spec or gear as the end all be all but it’s a combination of several things. If you’re not checking most of the boxes, it’s your fault.

1 Like