PvP inside central encampment in emerald dream

I have been attacked inside the central encampment in emerald dream. If I try to attack, the guards kill me. But the guards don’t seem to attack the player killing me. Have seen two players do this since yesterday. What is going on? Is this a bug or a some new feature?

5 Likes

Which encampment is this?

Central emcampment in Emerald dream.

Updated the main post.

It’s all dependent on where you’re standing at in the encampment. Some spots aren’t close enough to the guards to get their aggro, so if you were to retaliate against your ganker and then Blink closer to the guards, the guards would now attack you, since you are the nearest hostile entity.

The player could also stop attacking you after you’ve retaliated, wait anywhere between… I don’t know, 5-10 seconds without attacking (which will turn them friendly again to guards), and move closer to a guard who will try to “defend” that ganker from you and attack you instead.

Some abilities like the bubble blower also doesn’t aggro guards because it isn’t technically attacking you. I think this even applies to hunter traps, maybe a few others.

1 Like

This happens to me every day on every alt that I bring to the encampment to turn in quest. Here’s the problem, imagine having a trinket that summoned three Unkillable guards that stun your opponent every five seconds for five seconds. It is completely impossible to retaliate to this. This is simply an exploit that deserves a ban in my opinion there is one player in particular named Lkiller that has been camping here for Over a month. I’ve reported him numerous times.

There are several abilities that can be used without provoking the guards regardless of where you’re standing, as if that weren’t annoying enough some of the classes that have these abilities are also the most capable of escaping in the event a fight gets out of hand. The guards create a situation that heavily favors ranged and mobile classes further incentivizing this. Why bother having the guards be so strong?

I get not wanting the town to be in a state of constant strife but then why not make it a sanctuary? They could honestly do away with netting all together the stuns alone would level the playing field and disincentivize enough to avoid constant fighting and camping in town, as it stands now the excessive netting encourages players to hide in town with bounties and use cheese abilities that keep them out of combat and force or bait others to engage.
This is Warmode on afterall there should be some fighting in town, arguably more than we have currently, nobody wants to except for mobile ranged classes since they can consistently escape.

I made a post about this around the time Emerald Dream went live. Pity it hasn’t been addressed, I hope this doesn’t carry over to The War Within.

The fruit from the superbloom can turn you into a Skunk that doesn’t provoke the guards and packs enough of a punch that after a few uses can kill. There are a handful of abilities certain classes can use from their own kits that I’d rather not point out here for obvious reasons that can kill without provoking the guards regardless of location.

it is a bug with a toy. they stay stealth and they just kill you with out any1 seeing them.

This thread was made before Hearthstone Game Table toy was released lol. Nice necro.

So y’all gotta be careful of hunters and locks as their pets attacking you won’t trigger the guards on them.