Pvp incentive

I feel like blizzard should make pvp box rewards more efficient. Pvper’s should be able to actually earn a wow token for themselves by playing arena’s/rbgs within a month. It should be win conditional and if I was to provide an example it’d look something like this
[ say you earn a pvp box after every 2s or 3s arena you did, win or lose. If you won! you would earn 500 gold (meaning you would need to win exactly 520 times to earn 260k, close to current wow token) and if you lost 25 gold or something super low.]
This would encourage pve’rs to actually take interest in pvp and give a big incentive overall I feel for players to continue playing the game. It would eliminate boosters not permanently ofc as well as pve being the main focus point. (it most likely won’t) This shouldn’t be something done within a of couple weeks playing for a few hours but an actual month’s grind. reward your players for actually playing the game! Also I do feel like solo shuffle and rbg’s would be a little trickier but i think it would eliminate 30 minutes ques atleast by 10 minutes? right xD.

9 Likes

500g doesn’t sound like much of an incentive for me, especially considering that would require winning.

If I wanted the gold that badly, I’d rather go pick 10 or 11 writhebark and earn the same amount of gold. The writhebark might even be faster.

5 Likes

Having to win 520 games to reach that threshold sounds like it would apply to only a tiny minority of PvP players.

Mind you, I don’t think there would be anything inappropriate about getting some small sum of gold for a win. But it’s not going to be an incentive to play that much.

1 Like

Or do one dragon flying quest that last 1 minute…or any of the other WQs that reward 600g+.

500g that you may or may not get depending if you win would definitely not be an incentive

4 Likes

I mean fair points, but it is blizzards fault behind why pvp players are the minority* there isn’t any motivation (from a pvp main perspective) behind doing anything else as far as gearing from pve or using professions unless your only trying to earn gold. If 500 doesn’t sound interesting then double it making the win total 250ish but that’s asking alot of blizzard I feel like.

2 Likes

All of the endgame pillar type content are gold sinks. Only raiding has a slight chance to earn you gold with boes and mats.

Otherwise you have to boost.

3 Likes

Love how you say slight* when a comment clearly stated they would make more then 500 doing a mythic xD or doing a world quest that literally wants you to fly through circles. Then proceed to act like the answer should be boosting? (even though that’s the sad reality of the game atm) how is this not a problem? players returning get banned all the time in lfg without an actual reasoning from blizzard (because they are lazy and can’t explain anything to anybody) all because a player posted in lfg selling boost 4 gold instead of the new service chat and all the toxic pricks report him instead of informing him hey your not allowed to do that you could get banned you should remove your lfg post. Its easy to tell a real player from a bot when they make a lfg post. its also toxic to think instead of typing your opinion on my idea, you feel the need to express how you feel about the games current state. TY for the sad reality

2 Likes

Could even bump the rewards up. c:

lol

lmao

1 Like

I personally don’t see how my argument is laughable :confused: but seeing as your a 2100 mythic player who strictly appears to be pve, considering your peak is 1750 in pvp. Its pretty clear you enjoy world of Warcraft for its dungeons and raids as well as content, which is cool for you of course! i’m jealous cause I personally couldn’t be bothered nor asked to pve cause id die of boredom. But your ignoring basically the majority of gaming as a whole (even if its a small majority in wow currently) not every gamer hops on wow just to pve because most enjoy pvping and wow shockingly has an amazing player vs player system, minus addons id argue. Most gamers would rather play another game and I honestly don’t blame them. I wouldn’t want to pay 15 $ a month for a trash pvp experience, on top of the fact the pve community likes to troll intriguing topics for pvp players as whole. THANKS for the bump :clown_face: though

rofl

1 Like

I think that a better incentive to gain more PvE’er exploration into PvP would be more ‘easy access’ or ‘newbie friendly’ cosmetic rewards. Right now, PvP cosmetics are fairly out of reach for non-PvPers. Give us some stuff to buy with honor or a similar currency, and I think more PvP-curious players would try it out.

1 Like

i was thinking more like 10k g a win but id settle for 1k i good idea though. just because selling carries how most others do it shouldnt be forced to sell carries.

I Personally think pvp rewards could be a decent incentive i guess but it really should be more then just adding extra rewards for the lower rated player like if not currency then what about gear? or gear color, etc instead of just mounts and lame titles that disappear literally right after the season ends

when the the literal nicest ppl i know and met were pvpers not pvers. pvers seem to want to not square away others to get ahead while pvpers will always help square away.

2 Likes

It kind of does seem that way considering a previous comment I’ve had. But I personally think the best way to go about this is to give pvp more incentive overall whether its gold or cosmetic items that are not rating based (maybe some). Otherwise just separate pvp and pve all together and make it, its own wow type game, or server! If wow pvp was free to play and wasn’t level based or you get any characters maxed level but stuck in main area’s like Durotar, or Elwyn forest and was pvp gear based. It could honestly have huge potential in the gaming community. It would certainly attract a lot of newer players including young audiences thus making their code of conduct more valid instead of banning people because they said a bad word! :confused: whether they were targeting someone or not. Lets get real majority and by that we are talking 99% (slightly exaggerating, SLIGHTLY!) of the player base are old enough to drink making people not sub or play again because others like to abuse the report system. In order for this to truly happen though they would need a source of in game currency there for making earning gold in arena’s a VALID POINT. Or we can just be the laughing stock of the younger generation who refuses to play this awful game because its completely one sided pve based and nobody likes campaign games as much anymore.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea! Adding more incentives for PvP players to engage in arenas and RBGs not only enhances the PvP experience but also diversifies the game’s focus beyond PvE. It could potentially create a more balanced player base and reduce queue times, making the game more enjoyable for everyone. Plus, earning a WoW token through PvP efforts adds a rewarding element for those who prefer that style of gameplay. It’s a win-win situation for Blizzard and the players.

1 Like

i think this is a good idea. i end the season with 50k+ conquest through my chars mayb a way to turn that into decent gold could be cool

1 Like

For me as a pvp player the pvp gameplay is the incentive. They should never try to get pve players to pvp or get pvp players to pve. I hate it when i have to pve just to get the best gear i can. Just leave both sides of the game to enjoy what they enjoy, no need to try and force people into doing something they hate.

1 Like

i 100% agree plus more people would wanna do rated pvp cause their is more of a reward to it