PvP Grind Extremely Demoralizing

I raid on two char’s. I’m BiS in both… I only pvp on my hunter and been rank 9 now for a month. I should hit rank10 this Tuesday. I would love to hit rank13 but will not put in the time needed because those at the top are willing to cheat. =)

1 Like

The obvious solution is don’t do the grind now, when aq comes out you will see a large shift to end game raiding. Then you will be able to attain higher ranks. Aq/naxx will break guilds down, people will quit. Pvp gear gets you an almost equivalent to previous content, so you will see more pvpers joining raiding guilds. To fill the holes.

Pvpers pvp for the rush.
Pvers pvp for the gear.

Either way I already see lots of Warrior alts doing the rank 10 grind. Try a different server otherwise. I play on Herod, for the past few months the standing of 900 has been about 20k-40k honor, since ab it’s gone up. One day I will casually make rAnk 10, currently 50% of 6.

I really wanted the blue set as well but barely made rank 9, and replaced the helm and shoulder with T1 which are superior anyway.

Point is, don’t worry about it. The game is more fun when you’re not grinding honor like a psycho.

1 Like

10 is not worth it. You go 14 for weapons, 13 for armor, 11 for mount, or 3 for discount.

No other ranks are worth bothering for. And 11-14 are pretty much only for the things which have no life.

This means 3 is the only rank that matters for most of the playerbase.

5 Likes

Find other people trying to rank and form a nightly group. Boom your honor per night has doubled for the same time spent.

You didn’t even grind a daily average of a serious ranker. Wtf do you even want? Go to retail

If you are are shadow priest you won’t get better gear from raids.

your typical pvp player emerges from his slumber and greets the world.

2 Likes

This stupid system was never intended for average pvper

1 Like

I am not a serious ranker. I am casually playing PVP and earning ranks as I go; what about Rank 7 (the halfway point) would make you think otherwise? There are only 10 people > 400k honor on my server so there’s not a huge spread. The system is just broken.

lol, dude.

1 Like

System is stupid but not broken. It has logic and working as intended.
If you are not a ranker why even complain?

2 Likes

not on a log scale.

The system is stupid and intentionally broken, I would say. Like most things that are problems but Blizzard claims are “working as intended.”

This thread is written by a Rank 9 person who just wanted to hit 10. He is not a hardcore ranker either. That’s the thread. That’s why I responded, to empathize with his plight.

Why do you play this game, bro?

You’re right, your ranks are much too high for casual rankers. The system is broken because players are breaking the ToS and inflating pool sizes with level 1 alts which pushes your ranks up much higher than you deserve.

if you don’t understand how the system works, which is clear from this quote, it doesn’t mean its broken.

1 Like

I was Rank 7 on my Warrior during Vanilla and also Rank 6 on my Druid simultaneously so I’d say you’re obviously wrong there. Derp.

So quit.

That’s not snark. I quit when I realized the rewards aren’t commensurate with the investment needed.

3 Likes

I do understand, if you add a thousand level 1 alts to the very bottom of a pool size of 1 thousand, the player at the very bottom of the pool is now at 50%. This is very important in calculating ranks for everyone except standing 1 unless there weren’t enough players to create a rank 14 in the first place and then it’s important for them too.