PvP Gearing is MMORPG Progression and it's GOOD

It got hot and op shows up. :thinking: with media.

Even your boy Asmongold made a video about it which many of you guys supported. But he wasn’t the only one. The vast majority of you back then complained about how PVP gearing was not rewarding enough.

Now they made gearing rewarding, incentivized rated play, and now for the longest time in forever. PVP participation is at its highest. It’s just sad that the MMR bugged at the beginning of the season ruined what would otherwise be a great season.

Now you guys are asking for equalized PVP? What?! The moment they do that, all the Timmies are gonna start crying and we all BACK TO STEP ONE AGAIN. It’s a battle of Jimmies vs Timmies.

Blizzard do one thing, the other disagrees. They revert the changes. Back to step one again. Then the very reason why they did the things they did, the people that advocate for the changes will begin crying again because it was reverted. It’s all circle, round and round we go. All the Jimmies against all the Timmies. You can’t win with these people. Best to ignore them and move on.

I mean I get it, the current season is rough for players getting into PVP mid season. I did it, it was rough. Any changes should make PVP gearing as season progress “EASIER” like a catch up mechanics but that’s about it.

Equalized PVP gear in PVP instances??? NO THANKS

“We shouldn’t do anything at all if there isn’t a perfect consensus in favor of it”
brought to you by the makers of
“where fire go”

2 Likes

I prefer a more level playing field in PvP.

:man_shrugging:

10 Likes

I don’t feel anyone here needs to be educated about the phenomenon of the ever-present vocally outraged except maybe you, who I do not care enough about to explain it on a phenomenological level, but that’s pretty much all this line of conversation can boil down to.
Yeah, someone will always be complaining.

Sometimes the complaints are meaningful, sometimes they aren’t. If your reaction is positive or negative to them based on the volume of complaints and not the specifics of it, congratulations, you do not have critical thinking skills and would have failed to preserve the cave’s fire.

1 Like

League of Legends, Overwatch, Call of Duty and Dota is right around the corner.

Yes, WoW PvPers are leaving for other games that are more enjoyable.

11 Likes

most of the people want ranks removed on pvp gear, honor and conquest that is and ilvl reduced between honor and conquest gear, get over yourself

9 Likes

Blizzard can ignore this at their own peril. A good number of people on both sides of the spectrum are in full agreement on this issue. Revo is a multiseason rank one warrior.

148 replies, 133 likes, 1.8K views.

3 Likes

This thread is a hell of a ride.

On topic though, it’s weird how OP keeps bringing up asmongold. We supposed to just always agree with him all the time or something? I feel like I missed a memo.

4 Likes

He probably just thinks that people like Asmongold and Swifty are popular with the experienced pvper community (they aren’t).

3 Likes

majority of them never speak out about issues that many players deal with because they live in their own micro chasm. r1 players throwing themselves at them for the chance to be efamous.

esp baj, dude makes me want to vomit - easily the most unrelatable wow personality, repulsive.

5 Likes

I’m definitely part of the group that wanted equalized gear in PvP.

However, I admit I also complained about the weird way they went about it in BFA and Legion. In Legion gear sorta mattered and Artifact level mattered even more. Also, templates

In BFA things were supposedly equalized, but the system was so ambiguous that no one had any idea how it worked and Blizzard never explained it.

The unfortunate reality is that no matter what Blizzard does, you are correct, people are going to complain. On the one hand, some people find gearing for PvP gratifying, but on the other it also might discourage newer players or PvEr’s from even trying PvP, keeping the PvP community stagnant and never growing.

I personally think that anyone that anyone who says “Well I worked for the gear so you should too” is just being elitist and enjoys stomping people in PvP that are 10-20 item levels beneath them. Maybe that by itself is fine, maybe they do deserve the gear, but unfortunately people don’t want to sink so much time into WoW as if it were their second job just to get to a competitive gear level to realistically do anything. You can argue all day that having gear progression in PvP is healthy for the game, and maybe to a degree you’d be right, but you also don’t want to lock out newer players to PvP. We want PvP to grow, not stay the same or shrink.

Even now, Blizzard announced in 9.1 that they are returning to “WoD” style gearing in terms of how item level scales in PvP, and I fear they are going to forget one of the things that WoD did was make PvP gear really easy to get.

3 Likes

BG Forum whiners:
No data
Conspiracy theories
“100 likes is a lot!”
“1000 views is a lot!”

Blizzard:
Has actual data
Says players are enjoying things
Participation up during first season

:thinking:

Why do yall keep spouting this garbage? No it’s not. Also I’m not surprised pve nerd asmon would make a video saying something that stupid. Dude used to get dumpstered back in the old days.

11 Likes

This is just earning’s call doublespeak. Take notice how Blizzard announces subs as a metric for success sometimes and earnings as a metric other times. And in the past 10 years they started changing up their terms quite a bit as overall numbers continue to trend down.

Forcing a demographic of the playerbase to do something they do not actually want to do, while increasing participation in that activity, is not actually beneficial for the players.

6 Likes

It’s never about trying to reason with trolls or the ignorant. It’s about the message.

1 Like

https://www.xunamate.com/

It goes something like this \

Where \ is my drawing of a downward trend using my plebe powers on the forum…

4 Likes

The primary reason why BlizZard is changing PVP gearing is because the participation was inflated due to PVE players being forced to PVP in S1. And to help out PVP players with lower ilevel PVP gear from being steam rolled by M+ PVE gear in instanced PVP with scaling PVP gear in PVP combat. Throw in slowing doost boosts and that is how season 2 is going to shake out.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

I don’t think we can really judge anything based on current participation. I have a few dozen btags from over the season, all of them were successfully climbing the ladder. Just most people aren’t 7 lvl60 freaks like me, and once they’ve peaked for the season on a toon or two they do something else. To be perfectly honest, if I didn’t work a job where I have nothing better to do but play WoW I would have quit for the season already. People reaching their goals and taking a break is totally normal behavior.

2 Likes