PvP Gearing in SL

While I’m still pretty stoked that Blizzard seems to be moving towards the two set solution for Dragonflight, I still have some serious concerns about gearing for the remainder of SL, of which I’m fairly sure we still have the better part of a year to go.

Firstly, I’d like to ask if there is any interest in trialing the Dragonflight PvP gearing system in season 4? This season is supposed to be an experiment anyway and will feature all sorts of new/weird PvE stuff going on. Would it be possible to just let honor and conquest scale to their max with no upgrades or only PvE upgrades in season 4? You’d also need to bump honor gears cap up a bit, I think, as the 26 ilvl gap would still be extremely annoying while gearing up.

But I think it is reasonable enough when considering the reasoning we were given for not implementing it in season 3, which was that the devs didn’t want easy max level gear in world content. As far as I can tell, there isn’t any new world content in season 4. Cypher gear might get scaled up, but I can’t imagine that it actually matters by season 4 is someone is able to complete Zerith Mortis or other world content quicker because they have conquest gear that sets them at mythic ilvl. It seems instead like the perfect time to test the system out.

The second thing I want to talk about is the gear added in 9.2, specifically the resolve trinkets and tier. I mentioned earlier in the post prior to the release of 9.2 that both of these things looked extremely problematic and, well, the trinkets certainly did. Plenty of tier sets are absolutely broken in PvP as well. I’m wondering if the team has any thoughts on these trinkets and the impact they are having, especially in arena? I know most arena players would prefer if they were flat out removed.

I’m also wondering if we are going to see any balancing attempts for the more oppressive tier sets in the near future. The destruction warlock tier set for example is absurd in PvP and could use serious balancing. Or perhaps just disable tier in PvP altogether if balancing is impossible. I don’t think we’ll see PvP set bonuses even in season 4, I’ll ask again anyway, doesn’t hurt, right? Maybe we could see them in season 4 if time permits.

14 Likes

I would love this! PvP (especially honor BGs) will be near unbearable to cycle alts in and out of for the next 9-12 months. The remainder of SL is all about the alts, IMO it’s very important to remove as many game play barriers to alts as possible. Things like the announced changes to renown, for instance, should just be hotfixed into the game ASAP. I’m not sure why we’re still waiting 7 weeks later for such a simple change? I had to grind renown on an alt yesterday just to be able to upgrade my honor PvP gear… maddeningly annoying at this point.

6 Likes

Id be willing to test anything to make it better but pretty much agree with everything bluster is saying. So if a dev is reading this and wondering if everyone hates getting nuked by insane tier and resolve trinkets ive heard from literally everyone ive played with that they want fixes and removal for some of this stuff

4 Likes