PvP Gear Vs PvE Gear Feedback

While I enjoyed both systems, MoP and WoD gearing were two different systems.

MoP had pvp power and resilience, which Blizzard does not seem to want to bring back.

WoD got rid of PvP stats and added dual ilvl gear, which seems much more likely to fit in their current gearing ideology.

I was wrong to put the “/” I reslly meant “or.”

Pvp and Pve gear should always be separate . I can’t have pve players entering BG’s and Arenas owning pvp players . That should never have happen .
I quit playing pvp because of this garbage .

4 Likes

A huge thing people are forgetting in this conversation is tier sets. PvP players were mostly HAPPY when tier sets were removed because they were essential almost in PvP. When they come back in SL either make new PVP only tier sets, or disable them within PvP instances

Since we are all sharing our opinions, here is another one. I like gearing up through M+ and going straight into PvP without having to grind conquest for weeks.

PvE tier wasnt used in real PvP since like, Wrath. And PvP sets had their own set bonuses, which again provided separation from PvE. I dont think any PvPers were happy about losing that.

2 Likes

With the dual ilvl system as stated in the OP, you will still be able to do this. If you gear from Mythic+ then you would be around the ilvl of someone in full honor gear, if not higher.

You would then naturally get conquest from playing, and you could buy the pieces you need to supplement your Mythic+ Set in PvP. Its a win win for everyone.

1 Like

How about no.

In fact.

I find it funny when pvpers complain about pve gear being op in pvp… when it boils down to some trinkets and the fact 90%of the people complaining arent good enough to raid or pvp at the level highly rated teams do.

How is it a win win though? Your PvE gear just got downgraded in a PvP setting and you have to spend weeks filling the stupid conquest bar to catch up.

You said it perfectly.

2 Likes

Using your current gear and the ilvls I orignally posted as an example. You are ilvl 479, without doing any high end raiding which is totally fine. You would then enter an arena and still have ilvl 479. There would not be any downscaling on PvE gear so you can compete with people with 475 Conquest gear.

Simple, sophisticated…COKACOLA.

Of course not everyone is expecting to get Rank 1 Gladiator with PvP gear becoming BiS for PvP. All this will do will balance the gear acquisition to allow for more competition.

I would like to know why you think Mythic raid gear should be better for PvP than PvP gear.

2 Likes

I misread your post. How do you propose to make PvP gear BiS for PvP? Some M+ gear will still be BiS no doubt because of its stats.

It’s not a win win . All you doing is cookie cutting the gear . How is that a win win for the pvp players ? More like a lose lose to me .

Resilience or PvP power? Did you start in legion?

As it currently stands, you have to do Mythic plus and raid to get good gear. There is no path for players that just want to PvP. So allowing there to be a competitive gearing path for PvP gear isn’t a win for PvP players?

1 Like

Why should i join a dictator raid and M+ ? I careless if I am good enough or not since i don’t pve , but when it comes to pvp, than i do care .

You can say that for now, but when shadowlands come out, than that is a whole different story . It really depends on what Blizzard is going to do with pvp power .

OP stated in his post that he didn’t want to use PvP only stat. It was a reply to him.