PvP Gear Vs PvE Gear Feedback

PvP gear has not been BiS for PvP since WoD. It’s currently so bad that you can’t compete unless you grind many hours of PvE. So the following is a solution that keeps the following goals in mind.

1. Allow PvP gear to be best in slot for PvPers
  2. Accomplish this without a PvP only stat, ie resilence or pvp power
  3. Allow PvEers to PvP without being forced to grind a PvP set
  4. The PvP gear can’t be better than PvE gear for PvE content

So how do we accomplish this. The only way is we bring back the dual ilvl gear from WoD with PvP Vendors. With warmode on or in instanced PvP, the gear will use the PvP ilvl. I will use patch 8.3 ilvls so it’s easy to read.

Honor Gear - Base ilvl 430 (Mythic 0/Raid Finder Equivalent)
Honor Gear - PvP ilvl 460 (Heroic Raid/~Mythic 10 ilvl)

Conquest Gear - Base ilvl 445 (Normal Raid Equivalent)
Conquest Gear - PvP ilvl 475 (Mythic Raid Equivalent)

I’m primarily a PvPer, so I would love arguments of why this design would be negative for PvE.

19 Likes

This is essential.

1 Like

I have no idea why Blizzard ever got away from having PVP gear be the gear you use to PVP. It makes no sense to me at all.

The older systems were never perfect - I fully remember Warglaive comps in TBC, trinkets in every expansion really - but it was clearly better than what’s happening right now.

3 Likes

PvP gear should be the best in PvP. PvE gear should be the best in PvE.

10 Likes

Didn’t PvP gear scale up in PvP in prior expansions? I feel like that’s the easy fix.

4 Likes

In WoD, there was the dual ilvl that scaled up. In legion there were templates that scaled up your stats by .1% per ilvl over their minimum ilvl threshold.

So yes, this isn’t a new idea, its just using what wasn’t broke from a previous expac.

The stat templates were dumb, but the PvP gear scaling up so it was bis in PvP seemed to make sense.

1 Like

I agree. I would much rather have choice of the stats you get. Bringing back dual ilvl should be easy for them to do, if they go that route.

Maybe they can combine it with war mode to decide if PvP gear should be scaled up or not when a player is out in the world.

If I remember correctly, they didn’t like the system in WoD because you could duel someone to get your pvp ilvl for world content causing your stats to drastically change. Warmode is the perfect solution for this to not confuse players.

Yeah, I think they didn’t like that a player’s stats could suddenly change mid-fight. It wasn’t a smooth experience.

If they really dislike it just for this, they can make the scaling only work in instanced PvP.

1 Like

Well, we didn’t have war mode back then. Now, they can scale up PvP gear when the player is in war mode, so there are no mid-fight stat changes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind even if the scaling was only enabled in instanced PvP.

1 Like

I think PvPers are usually unhappy when they get run over by geared raiders in wPvP.

But they had pvp servers. I got the impression that wod conquest gear was still working in Legion. I remember destroying players who attacked my 100 twink who was wearing full conquest gear.

If I remember correctly, in WoD, players’ stats (with PvP gear on) would suddenly change the moment they got tagged with any form of PvP damage. Blizzard didn’t like that jolting change mid-fight.

That kills world PvP unless they just scale everyone in Warmode as a compromise.

I think PvP gear will need to be scaled up in war mode, so wPvP isn’t dominated by geared raiders.

Of course. I don’t like scaling or templates though. Just give us MoP/WoD style PvP gear.