PVP Gear Skill Gating

GRRRR. Why in the hell is pvp upgrading unlock via skill level. It boggles my mind why on earth i can’t upgrade my gear unless I hit a certain rank. It is basically the rich get richer.
No I am not amazing at the game and dont have time to be. but Im honor capped and ilvl capped.
Someone who played 10-15 games and hits 1600 will have better gear than me when I played 50-100 and just can’t hit that ilvl.
Its frustrating and not fair. The game is all about progression and I can no longer progress.

Is there any light at the end of this tunnel? Any thoughts? Im TRYING to get better but its 15 ppoints here and -10 there. over and over and over.

2 Likes

Nope

Its either Git gud or time management issue

yah it’s pretty funny. It’s pretty low rating to obtain though isnt it?

It’s incentive not rich get richer.

you could always just pay someone with gold to carry you too.

Unfortunate case is you either need to get better, run with a better comp or better teammates, try a different bracket (2v3, 3v3, RBG), or PvE to get some better gear.

The sad part about current rated PvP is for people with good gear, typically PvE players it’s a really good source of gear to fill out slots with high ilvls.

So for actual PvP players you now have to compete against monkeys with 215+ ilvl who can’t really PvP well but are carried by the fact that they have a significant ilvl advantage combined with a meta that is imbalanced by huge burst damage.

1 Like

They’re making PVP changes next week, maybe you’ll fare better after some classes get tuned.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-tuning-changes-for-january-26/841816

hah sadly those cahnges make me weaker. mage

To be fair those changes are pretty minor outside of the Mage and WoG changes.
Pretty sure Holy Pally is way more than “slight nerf to Divine Favour” better than other healers.

Same with Convoke, the Full Moon is really just the overkill, even with that 2% chance removed it’s still going to be the strongest spell in PvP. 4 Starsurges in under 4s is still huge damage.

The downside of having a really dominant spec in certain areas of content :frowning:
Fire just too good to ignore.