PVP Gamebreaking Exploit/Bug "SkyNet"

If you go into the options and enable Interface>Control> Auto Dismount in Flight

When you are mounted and use a spell or item with a cast, it will dismount you and continue to cast the spell/item as you are falling.

So this means everything from damaging spell casts (i.e. chaos bolts), or items such as hearthstone, you can cast while moving/falling.

…and the worse of all, and imho breaks pvp warmode is the Net-o-Matic 5000.

With the Net-o-Matic 5000, you can literally “SkyNet” people who are up in the sky on their mounts and send most falling to their deaths and cause all sorts of chaos and confusion in cities, towns, and pretty much any pvp zone where players have a now false sense of security that they are safe way up in the sky on a flying mount.

So yeah, as time goes on and as more players figure out, discover, or are told how to do this, it’s going to make flying with warmode enabled very annoying and dangerous; better stock up on gliders or slowfall items! and never be AFK…

I am telling those who see this post how to do it so that way hopefully the info on this troll/exploit spreads and it gets patched out of existence as it’s clearly a bug/oversight.

Here are some examples of Netting while falling:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/455916879882616832/767576311622402118/ZL3JhpL8CG.webm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/455916879882616832/767579191184195584/s6ewND4XyH.webm

Now go forth and terminate your enemies with skynet.

Spread the word, tell your friends, and enjoy the exploit for now… this should not exist in Shadowlands and hopefully Blizzard fixes this. So unfortunately, to get this bug fixed, the more people that know about, the more likely it will enter Blizzard’s radar and get fixed. So let everyone know.

“clearly a bug/oversight”. Saying that is basically implying that you are saying you would not perform the exploit unless you are trying to explain it to someone, well here we see Ravens in Stranglethorn Vale using the net bug on me, good to see hypocrisy in this forum post.

https://streamable.com/ny9vgb

1 Like

Firstly your video is bad, it looks like I am on the ground from the angle you’re filming at… Better one would be if shot at a horizontal angle, such as in the video examples we provided.

But regardless, of course i will use it. In fact you’re the reason why I even seeked out and discovered how to do the bug because I saw you in Elwynn Forest one day do it against Deequalized the Shaman. Saw you casting a net while slowfalling with the saddlechute, so thanks to you in no time at all I figured out after a bit of trial and error and spread the word to the Alliance wpvpers so they can hit back at you with it and posted it later on here on the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

Lastly, I Even posted:

Which implies to let as many people know as possible so that way more and more players do it so that way Blizzard is more likely to patch it if it runs rampant enough for it to enter their radar.

Oh yes, I taught Ccon how to do this! Credit me at least, sheesh.

Anyway, I hope this stays. Flying ruins War Mode but flying is too good of a luxury to just disable in War Mode, and no one would turn it off if you couldn’t get places fast enough. Being able to net cowards in the sky at the skybox is amazing.

this i can agree with, love netting all the horde thinking they are so smug and safe up in the sky flying over a town, only to end up confused when they fall to their deaths, especially those morons who like to just literally partially-afk (move when they hear glider attacks but not net) above goldshire some reason, so it’s nice to clear the skies of them…

…and yeah without safe flying in warmode, the more excuses/reasons people would make for not turning it on. It’s already bad enough as it is with the few people that do turn it on.

As for credit, i say the credit prob goes to ownedcore and reddit since i see there are posts on both, since around the launch of pre-patch in regards to this bug.