PvP damage reduction feels so bad

The SoD PvP damage reduction is beyond boring and not fun at all. I am pumping all of my CDs into other players with my hardest hitting abilities, getting crits and barely moving their health by 15%. Even the slightest heal makes players unkillable. Before, big crits and bursty pvp was fun. Sure, it fealt bad to die to two spriest dots, but this slow and unkillable pvp is just feels overall extremely bad in every way. Please massively reduce the PvP damage reduction or remove it.

-Edit: I am 13/17 BiS items and still cannot bring players down…

21 Likes

The game they copied the rune system from has the same style of PVP.

The game was atleast balanced around the dmg nerf existing not this where we have a damage nerf without any scaling to fix issues like immortal healers.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m a rogue in all Bloodguard gear and chased a priest across the whole WSG field with him just running and healing and me using my whole kit and couldn’t bring him down. He eventually ran into his pals and I got rolled by 3 or 4 players.

10 Likes

its not perfect but it feels good not dying in 2-3 globals right now

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to test it yet, but it’s obviously going to require some tuning. I think it would be better to tackle individual abilities, like chaosbolt, and give them a PVP modifier so they’re not impacting PVE with any balance changes. A blanket damage reduction is just… meh. Maybe an HP increase when in PVP combat / contested zones?

Not as fun, feels like Retail PVP, need 5 people to alpha strike one person. It’s already turned into Drain meta in one day.

The silver lining is that Alliance wins BGs now and I am actually getting healed now. We made a dastardly trade.

6 Likes

I agree. This damage reduction is HORRIBLE and such a waste. All the fun is gone in pvp because regardless of how many spells or crits and attacks I do against any healer it’s not enough. I will be quitting wow again if this is not removed, PLEASE STOP THIS blizzard!

7 Likes

This reduction is way too much. It’s easily 50% reduction. A 10-15% should have been good. This just makes any class with instant heals along with healers a bit ridic.

I had to snag guarded by the light as pally to keep mana for fights and not be endlessly oom but then my heals were just as garbo as the dmg was.

3 Likes

Agreed this change was overkill and is definitely too high. Fighting against a group with a healer is just ridiculous. I really enjoy the whacky bursty nature of SOD. This feels way too much like retail now and it’s a big enough reason for me to lose interest in playing if it’s not tuned significantly lower.

3 Likes

the damage nerf is very good, I hope they keep it, 50% is kinda overkill tho, maybe 30% would be better

%50 is over kill. %25 maximum.

1 Like

This is the rallying cry of people who DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ACTUALLY PVP. Now you have to actually do stuff. The changes are great 10/10.

I am 100 percent agreement with you. This idea was a stupid move on bliz. I hope this will teach them a lesson and see that most people want this to be how it is. Not this stupid idea to reduce 50% damage. This is classic, not retail.

4 Likes

congratulations, you’re in the minority

I’d much rather be alive for one minute then have 2 priest dots on me doing 85% of my health in 10 seconds

This wasn’t happening before … not unless you thought you could solo their whole team like a fool.

100% agree.
I’m a well gear spriest and barely moving peoples health bar when dumping my entire load on to them. I’m even using devouring plague and it still doesn’t make a lick of difference.

This nerf better get reverted or I"ll be done with SoD sadly, who the heck wants to be forced to acquire the same power again?

This ultimately feels like we have been bait and switched here on the game play meta.

I only came back to play cuz it seemed that SoD was supposed to be a faster paced and enjoyable version of classic, this is anything but enjoyable now.

If you were dying in a couple of globals, you made the wrong gear choices.

How ironic a shaman is saying this lol

1 Like

Lol bro the gear I got isn’t going to get much better at all in P3 and I often died in 5 seconds in PvP, especially in group PvP situations like Battlegrounds and Blood Moon. The damage output in game was just getting ridiculous(it was way higher than era ever was so I don’t know why some are trying to make that comparison) and I find it amusing that the defenders of that crap say otherwise.

I get it, people that played Elemental Shaman, Shadow Priest, Rogue, and Mage must’ve had a lot of fun deleting everyone in their path, but it wasn’t good at all for the health of the game, especially if they end up introducing something like rated BGs in P4

1 Like