PvP BG recommendation (Hunter or Mage)

Hey everyone, I want to get some input from mage and hunter players with experience in both or most ranged DPS for battlegrounds:

I want to get into BGs, mainly focusing on battleground blitz for any rating… Nothing too serious… Even though hitting at 1800 for an end goal would be great.

I tend to notice that mages and hunters are always on top for battlegrounds, especially epic battlegrounds. Please try to answer the following questions and give any advice on how to play effectively as a mage or hunter in BG pvp:

1. what class is easier to learn
  2. what class has the best survivability
  3. what class has the best burst and sustained dmg
  4. what class has the best utility when contributing to groups
  5. which one do you find the most fun

All extra input and comments are well appreciated

As mage u would be playing frost right now since the opther 2 specs are trash and frost is top tier.
Frost mage’s work in BGs is defending the flag slowing the enemy FC so the rest of the team kills them, or slowing ur FC pursuers.
Thats it, if u’re good enought and dont have a tank on ur team u can try to FC urselfe BUT u never gonna carry orbs as a mage or defend bases.

As hunter u gonna play MM since the other specs are way below.
Ur job as a hunter is to sit bases using ur pet or killing the enemy FC depending on the map.
U never wont be carrying flags or orbs as hunter.

Thats it, BGs have roles and every spec has a role in BGs, u’re expected to know and play ur role, its not like epics or arena.
I think mm hunters are a bit easier, talking about fun it depends on ur personal taste.
MMhunter have more burst, frost mage more sustained damage.
Survivability in a BG is relative, u may be facing 2-3 dps sometimes and have no chance no matter the class u playing.
Mage contributes more to the group if ur group dont have a mage already because of mage food and ur int buff.