PVP Aura Feedback:

Pros:
It is nice to have the combat slowed down enough to actually utilize my characters toolkit. It’s gives everyone a little breathing room, which was much needed.

Cons:
Healing is entirely too strong now, as a Shaman I’m dropping 5 stack maelstrom’s back to full (which was fine in the insane 2-3 second pvp meta) but in this war of attrition it’s a bit broken. On top of that I’m using Sham Rage to keep myself topped off while watching other classes go oom and become useless.

Myself and a Boomkin fought a Tank Druid for like 2-3 minutes before we finally killed the damn thing (mind you I’m spamming purge). Feels a bit to retail to me and I’m sure many others.

PVP is now a war of attrition and it’s a bit to much of a slough.

Suggestions:
Reduce damage and healing by 20%, increase stamina on gear by 30%, add another pvp trinket you can get as a grunt or private to reduce the damage of being critically struck in pvp by 20%.

Make the two set pvp bonus a 10% bonus to overall health. and the 4 piece reduce the chance to be critically struck by 5%.

3 Likes

The %50 DMG nerf is too much. 20-25% seems reasonable. And yes…reduce healing also. Its a bit ridiculous.

3 Likes

Nah reducing healing would be a mistake. Reducing the damage reduction to 20-25% is a good start.

Before the damage reduction keeping somone alive through mortal strike was impossible if they had 2 people attacking them.

You gotta remember this isnt retail. Healers have to cast spells to keep people alive, so there is plenty of opportunities to deny healing with interrupts and land kills. You dont need a healing reduction on top of it, unless we keep this ridiculous 50% dmg DR which I am sure will be changed.

2 Likes

As with all changes in SOD, this one has been over the top. Way more mitigation than what was actually needed. Any mana drain/mana restore abilities are BIS. As an Ele shaman it feels weird to rely on SR as our best PvP tool right now instead of the traditional burst of the class which is now completely irrelevant.

A good place to start should be half the current DMG reduction and then work down until they find the sweet spot

1 Like

Yeah we’re back at phase 1’s problem where 5 priests can just sit there casting PoM all day spamming laugh emotes and no one can do anything about it. If this is fixed, then we’re in a great spot.

signed, healer :expressionless:

What blows my mind is how noone predicted this when deciding on the % of DMG reduction, especially with P1 lessons.

1 Like

Perhaps healing would be more in line if the damage aura was 25%, but as it stands healing is disgusting in pvp currently.

Speaking from my own experience, I was laughing as a Paladin tickled me, using him as a target dummy to build maelstrom weapon like a Hunters pet, I healed myself back to full repeatedly while purging him and simultaneously snapping a Fire Mage over my orc knee.

People already dont want to heal, you want to make it a miserable experience ontop of it?

Bold move, cotton.

As a healer I would rather play a fast meta where people can die quickly, but I could also quickly move health bars up. If you nerf healing to the point where you have to juke kicks and avoid CC, only to land a heal that is healing reduced, and reduced again from mortal strike and heal someone for 10% hp, and they fall over… how many people do you think would continue healing?

1 Like

but did you /dance with him?

WHY do you think no one wanted to play healers? Healers are normally focus fired upon during a battle. When you are a healer fully geared and you can’t even get 1-2 casts off before someone dies due to being one shotted, then something is wrong. 50% dmg reduction might be much, but it is a step in the right direction for us that heal.

I assume you are being sarcastic because i was saying this would happen since the first time i saw someone suggest a 50% damage nerf. This was all easily predictable.

No, but I did give him a /chuckle.

Great idea OP. Me like… but lets be serious blizzard doesnt read these forums.

1 Like

Thanks buddy, I’ll try to be hopeful our voices are heard.

1 Like

The sad part is if this was release in phase 1. We would be used to it by now and it could’ve been cool. I have always said no skill should do 1/3 of someone’s health… it should tick for tack which would allow for more outplays.

We didnt need 50%, 25% would’ve been perfect and nerf healing output and all is well with wow. lol

You and I think alike, no one wants retail pace. However we should be able to counter play it’s as simple as that.

1 Like

Honestly it was fine with out this. As a enhancement shaman. I would get blown away by range but if i did get to them i could kill with one or 2 hits now it feels odd and super slow i cant one shot kill even with a windfury proc. We need to go back to the fast game play style it was better.

Just give blizz a few days. They will most likely fix this. The question really is though by how much will they fix this lol.

hey nerds. how about instead of nerfing everything, we buff stamina and healing instead?

honestly i wonder how some of you are allowed to drive in real life sometimes with the average post on these forums.