PVE vendor an Valor or heroism

Need some Valor points to upgrade covenant gear to Ilvl 226. Could have the amount be higher for higher keys and raid difficulty and have a spammable base at M0 and LFR. Thank you

Let the hate for SCas (super casuals) begin!

8 Likes

I’d feel more motivated to bother running dungeons with a steady currency reward. The current reduced-loot strategy makes the thought of enduring PuGs even less appealing than it used to be, which is quite an accomplishment. I just take what I can get outside of dungeons and call it good, which I don’t think is intended.

It would probably take 10 - 15 k anima to go from 217 to 226 if they did that . :rofl:

So no casual with this mindset has ever had a decent opinion on it.
If you dont do mythic level stuff, why do you need mythic level gear?
If all you do is world quests, and some misc heroic dungeons… why are you wanting mythic gear? Should heroic be good enough?

I feel like covenant gear is “given”, and that’s not very rewarding.

It’s already upgraded too high. I want the rest of the non-mythic raiding and non-elite PvP stuff to be rewarding in its own right outside the crappy weekly vault.

How much more loot can pve drop. Time walking raids is like an Oprah give away. Quests. Lfr, normal raids, heroic raids, mythic dungeons, vaults, covenant gear… Geezuz.

It’s not about having 15 crappy options as opposed to just 1. That doesn’t make the crappy options any better.

What players have always wanted is a steady path to climb that gives them something they could be doing to improve their character beyond some random weekly vault or raid-logging. There has to be more to the game than that.

loot is a means to an end. right? that’s why raiders always tells casuals they don’t “need” higher than heroic dungeon level loot for WQ? are you using the gear to clear ce or glad? if not, it’s a want not a need. if you play for gear then you’re playing the wrong kind of game. there are many games out there that are literally loot pinatas. play one of those.

I dont think there is anything wrong with working towards better gear on a weekly outside of raids, high keys, and rated pvp.
By the end of a patch the top tier players have already geared themselves and their alts months earlier. Why not allow the average leech a path to continuously progress with lesser content. If the best gear has been given for months then by the end of a patch you should be able to gear out at least 1 toon with near BiS thus starting the new patch with comparable gear and not 30 ilvl behind.

Edit. Its a slow and steady approach instead of a high end, high speed. No need to be burnt out mid patch if you still have gear left to upgrade.

2 Likes

why does it bother you or anyone else for that matter what kinda gear someone has and what content they do? why is it such and issue for people that others want to have a sense of progression despite the content they do>?.. gear this xpac drop/rewards wise is super lack luster ( and before its pointed out no i dont raid and no i havent done any mythic normals or pluses… cause from what ive read/heard… whats the point when you can go upwards of 2-3 weeks of getting nothing ?

people really need to drop the whole argument… well if you dont mythic raid why do you need the gear… umm its not like mythic raiding and or M+ is the end all be all other people do play this game and in many different ways and some times you need the gear to do some of it. the content you do shouldnt matter.

2 Likes

It should matter because people often take the path of least resistance and when that option opens up good luck filling out a raid.

I’m sure that leveling up covenant gear to high levels will become a thing patch by patch, just never to mythic quality.

I’d actually be a little surprised if they kept this covenant gear thing going.

My own expectation is they’ll let the gear go the way of Legion order hall sets, and they only let it scale this far because they knew they’d be screwing around with drop rates.

No hardcore player has ever had a decent opinion on this. Why do you care if other people get good pve gear? It effects doesn’t effect you at all. Hell a currency system would help hardcore players out as well.

1 Like

I loved the Valor point system back in WOTLK and think it would do the game justice to have it reinstated now. With the reduction of loot in Shadowlands, Blizzard needs to compensate with currencies to be exchanged for gear, similar to that of the PVP vendors. As of right now, I can agree with most complaints on here that gearing in PVE content just doesn’t feel rewarding enough and we need ways to gear up besides RNG (The great vault and boss drops).

2 Likes

A lot. It feels massively reduced from what dropped in bfa. The problem is, they didn’t change loot acquisition. In fact, if anything they made it more rng, because now they removed bonus roll tokens. They need to re-add master loot, valor points, reforging, or all of the above.

2 Likes

should of never got rid of valor in the first place, its still the best loot protection system blizzard ever had and its even more needed thanks to how god awful there RNG and loot is now. I just dont get they dont bring back at least Valor, gives you at least something in those raids when you walk out with nothing and you get to target what gear you want based on what you save, it would also and more reasons to do dungeons and raids etc.