PvE Trinkets still BiS in Shadowlands

We are getting a 20% bonus. These trinkets were nerfed by 50% or drastically more. They went back and had to renerf some of them from old raids the season later… they were still that busted and people were going back and getting them and using them a whole tier later. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Even if PVE trinkets are BiS for PVP, that isn’t a problem. The idea is that a majority of your power should come from PVP. I think it’s fine if 2 measly trinkets, which are BiS by 2%, come from PVE and not PVP.

Bloomsday the problem is it’s not a 2% increase, it becomes mandatory to compete at that point.

8 Likes

Lingering psychic she’ll was nerfed by 70% in PvP. 2% difference sounds super legit :joy:

3 Likes

Having specific bonuses for pvp is gonna be fine to me. I refused to run Drest/Bike/etc and just perma stuck on Badge + Insignia for this entire expansion.

I think youre wrong.

I think Blizzard’s intentions are to maintain the status quo of forcing PvPers into as much PvE as possible, while managing the PR nightmare with as little effort as possible.

E.g. by adding a PvP set bonus to supposedly fix the issues (thereby shutting up the community - with people going “it’s fine, Blizzard said they’d fix it” like you just did-ish and some/all content creators), then make the set bonus so weak / wrong that it doesnt actually fix any issues.

It’s all smokescreens and charades from Blizzard while still maintaining the bottom line - make them raid.

2 Likes

At least it gives them another knob to tune. If the PvE trinkets are doing super well, they can nerf them AND buff the set bonus. Could make it a little easier

imagine being this dumb

11 Likes

Looks like I’m not the only one that thinks this

6 Likes

Do you even play this game?

2 Likes

You don’t simply wonder into a Mythic dungeon and pick up some trinkets.

It’s a commitment to a raid team, and often a PVE guild. Of course, that means for will lose much of the PVP fellowship you need for PVP, so you’re going to need to figure out how to meet PVP players (if you don’t already know some).

If you’re doing progression raiding with a PVE team, you need to do all of the things that normal raiders do (including gearing for PVE) in addition to the PVP content you might want to complete.

It’s an absurd amount of work that severs your ties to the PVP community.

People don’t understand that PVE and PVP had different gearing systems for a reason. They had different goals, and the end-game content was much different:

• For raiders, the end-game is gathering gear and progressing through bosses. Part of that progression is earning gear upgrades.

• End-game for PVP players is much different. It’s not as much about the gear as it was about the performance. That’s the reason PVP gear used to be easier to get. You just wanted to get your gear, and then compete on a relatively even play-field.

If you need gear from PVE, there are only a few alternatives to going all-in on a raid team:

• Have friends who are willing to carry you
  • PUG raids (much harder than raiding with a )
  • Buy some tokens and pay for a carry (100% pay to win here)

If you know of some other way to magically get a few items from raids without fully participating in the raid team. I would love to here them.

It’s almost as if Blizzard is intentionally trying to kill off PVP. I can’t imagine a better formula for doing so:

• Force all the PVP players out of PVP guilds so they can raid at the expense of having a PVP community.
  • Add a ton of additional content to complete before they can be competitive in PVP.
  • Make PVP players inferior to PVE players so that they feel there work in PVP isn’t worth it.

I can almost see Ion doing something like this.

#justmakethewheelround

9 Likes

Someone told me Bloom is GD forum pve guy that’s just trolling here. Don’t want to make assumptions but certainly seems that way based on post history.

As for trinkets: just buff the vers stat or do as skill capped suggested and make the pvp trink set bonus a flat 10% dmg buff and dr.

2 Likes

lmao thats funny

1 Like

the trinket set bonus (as much as i want it to be good and as much as i loathe having to dragonslay) is almost completely meaningless

i go from 25% vers to 29% vers or something like that on the beta (excluding defensive value)

this is just going to be bfa 2.0 at this rate :frowning:

9 Likes

And this 4% bonus is supposed to be what makes PVP gear best in PVP, and it is only on the trinkets. Versatility still exists on PVE gear too.

Separate the gear Blizzard, you cannot make “gear is gear” work. 4 years of trying, let it go.

7 Likes

Well, to be honest there’s more at play. We have to physically equip a trinket (medallion) now so that guarantees one less pve trinket and then the bonus is to provide additional benefits for using another pvp trinket. 4-5% is all pve trinkets generally add overall. The problem is things like dres which are just insanely bursty. The 4-5% would outweigh trinkets like shredder. So they are on the right track, they just need to not have large burst mandatory pve trinkets and also go ahead and disable all trinkets that only drop in “tank” specialization.

1 Like

I might prefer to go defensive life saver trinket from PVE plus an offensive PVE trinket though and just use my human racial for stuns. We’ll see how it turns out.

1 Like

The irony in this statement…

1 Like

More people coming out and talking about it, keep it up guys we need to raise awareness on this major issue!

7 Likes

Don’t forget freedom trinket is a trinket now and not a talent.

I think this is something a lot of people are forgetting.