PvE Trinkets still BiS in Shadowlands

Blizzard has just released the new PvE trinkets as well as the set bonus for PvP trinkets on the Shadowlands beta and as of right now the set bonus for the PvP trinkets pales in comparison to the strength of these PvE trinkets. The set bonus for equipping 2 PvP trinkets grants you a 20% increase benefit from versatilities damage and healing effects and will definitely not outweigh the absolutely insanity of these trinkets which include cheat death mechanics, on use trinkets that hit for over half of your health bar and tank trinkets that act as a greater sacrifice.

Please keep in mind the game is still in beta and these have just been released so Blizzard has not had time to comment/tune these but as it sits currently it looks like we will have another expansion plagued with PvE trinkets, even if these effects were nerfed by 50% and the set bonus from PvP trinkets doubled I can still foresee many situations where these PvE trinkets will still be the go-to options.

Please Blizzard; don’t let us down and disable PvE trinkets in instanced PvP content, Shadowlands is shaping up to be one of the best expansions yet and I would hate for something so trivial to stand in the way of that.

17 Likes

Except you’re forgetting that the PvP trinkets still have useful effects on them as well.

You don’t JUST get 20% more vers. You get 20% more vers PLUS the benefits of badge/insignia/etc as well, which for many classes are significant.

Stop crying so much dawg it’s not a good look :coffee::coffee::coffee::frog::frog::frog:

8 Likes

If you think that still outweighs an instant cast greater sacrifice or an on use ability that takes away half of your health I’m sorry but you’ve clearly never done high rated arenas

19 Likes

Crazy to think 5% more versa doesn’t compare to cheat death, sac, spirit link, soul rending or an on demand psyche shredder

12 Likes

I have more Glads and R1s than you but I’ll set that aside for now :coffee::coffee::coffee::frog::frog::frog::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::tipping_hand_woman:t2::tipping_hand_woman:t2::tipping_hand_woman:t2::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Removing all this borrowed power with essences and corruption shifts a significant amount of damage back to player abilities, which scale incredibly well with the procs and on use effects of the PvP trinkets. Stop crying about something just because it’s the cool thing to do :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I’m not sure I would worry too much about this. If people didn’t use the PVP trinkets for PVP, that would be completely counter to Blizzard’s intentions. I don’t believe they would let the PVP set become an inferior choice given the amount of work they did to the PVP trinkets and gear this week.

tl;dr Blizzard is not going to let the PVP trinket set become inferior to PVE trinkets right now.

@Lasso Right?

@Snugglecakes I know how to look up achievements dude, you’re 1750 experienced in 2s as a dk, clearly a troll and someone not in any position to comment.

@Denyel Yes that’s what I’m hoping too. I know their intentions are to make sure PvP trinkets are the best so I’m sure there will be nerfs but they did also say they want people that branch out to all forms of content to be the best. Nevertheless, even if they completely remove the stats on the cheat death trinkets as long as the cheat death mechanic remains in PvP it will still be a viable option which is what I’m worried about. This post is mostly to just bring attention to the issue so it can be quickly resolved.

2 Likes

No, PVP trinkets will be BiS in Shadowlands.

1 Like

You don’t get the 20% defence bonus of vers. So, for a class like enhance (lets hope they fix them), going for those ‘save you from dying and heal you up to near full HP’ trinkets might be a lot better.

6 Likes

Riiigghhhhttt… Just like how many pve trinkets remained bis despite 50% nerfs. This 20% bonus won’t be enough if the pve ones aren’t also nerfed. Man your pve bias is showing.

We are the red headed step child of blizzard… I expect no love, just dream of it :joy:

1 Like

That’s why we need both an offensive and defensive bonus. If you want to use PvE trinkets, take more damage and do less. Just a minor passive damage increase doesn’t work.

5 Likes

There is a big damage single target on use trinket. That paired with the stop me from dying and heal me over half my HP trinket do sound a lot more effective.

2 Likes

Those trinkets just got added to the beta, in all honesty, neither of know if they will be BiS. We should wait a bit before we make any changes, you know, so we can acutally test something?

The 20% bonus amounts to a 1-4% damage increase based on how much you have.

I can absolutely promise you a PvE trinket will give more than 4% damage.

14 Likes

It’s almost as if we didn’t have an entire expansion of pve trinkets with almost identical effects to base our annoyance on.

7 Likes

You should learn to read before crying on the forums about something you clearly don’t understand :tipping_hand_woman:t2::tipping_hand_woman:t2::tipping_hand_woman:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::frog::frog::frog::coffee::coffee::coffee::weary::weary::weary::rofl::rofl::rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Yes Bloomsday, that is most likely what will happen. The point of posts like mine is so that the issue is brought to light and can be looked at immediately instead of being pushed to the side and forgotten about.

You’re the reason we can’t have nice things. Just leave

1 Like

Rich from the guy that didn’t want pvp specific gear

4 Likes

But did we have the same set bonus with trinkets? No we didn’t. So you can’t really know which will be better, and by how much.