PvE in shadowlands

gonna need a source for that one

Read the forums. Plenty of source material here.

people who have no idea what theyā€™re talking about saying ā€œthis is because of raidersā€ is not a source

1 Like

Right Blizzard nerfed M+ loot because no one whined about it. Youā€™re clueless.

i dont think your ā€˜sure it isā€™ counters my actual evidenceā€¦

I donā€™t think you understand what he said, youā€™ve never had to kill a boss in say 100 attempts.

wow uses a reset system and instancing, sir.

one-time events are typically reserved for holiday world bosses in MMOs.

remember Asheronā€™s Call? i donā€™t think thatā€™s what you want.

Itā€™s not my idea and Iā€™m pretty sure it was facetious.

Raiders get unlimited time to learn scripted fights. A set number of attempts per account would put it in league with M+ more than it currently is.

Sounds fair to me.

but M+ can be cleared after time expires. and key can change into another key if you donā€™t complete at all. do you think when key times out you should be ported out and key vanish with no replacement?

1 Like

Wait, are you implying M+ dungeons arenā€™t scripted? And how many times have you run each dungeon pushing your key up? Isnā€™t that unlimited in attempts? This attempt at making M+ sound more challenging than raiding is failingā€¦

Is it possible to accept that theyā€™re different and challenging in different ways? Maybe our entire sense of self worth doesnā€™t have to be rooted in our chosen end game being accepted as more difficult than someone elseā€™s, especially when there isnā€™t a really objective comparison between the two.

3 Likes

I think that last paragraph of yours applies to you more than just about anyone.

Really? Can you find some quotes of mine to back that up? I think that will be pretty difficult as nearly everything Iā€™ve written on the topic says that they are equal end game pathways and that dedicated high end M+ groups should gear at a comparable rate as the dedicated high end raiders.

But please, try to find examples of me saying flat out that raiding is objectively harder or objectively better. If you canā€™t, someone who doesnā€™t have a tiny, tiny Richard would come back and apologize for making things up.

Only in legion and bfa was dungeons ever important for gear Ilvl in the history of wow. Before you had regular dungeons heroic dungeons and then raids at various sizes and levels. It was all a step progreee to end game raiding. Now dungeon runners want to be on par with end game raiding and thatā€™s messed up. Sometimes Ion just needs to leave things the way they areā€¦

Sometimes change isnā€™t always bad, and can improve the life outcomes of all partiesā€¦ There are solutions that can keep Raid ā€œspecialā€, while giving other outlets a way to excel within their own systems. Thatā€™s whatā€™s being asked for, not to persecute anyone that enjoys Raidingā€¦

What is messed up is pretending that heroic raiding is ā€œEnd gameā€. High M+ groups are objectively doing harder content than anything in heroic raids, and they should absolutely be gearing up higher than heroic raiders.

4 Likes

A prime example why they should remove the weekly cache.

This all stems from people thinking that where the loot rewards end is the epitome of the content. So in their minds, 15 is the highest required for reward and therefore is brain dead (which 15s are), but it leads to asinine belief in that raiding scales past m+.

2 Likes

@Outbreaks - Youā€™ve had plenty of time to either support your statement or apologize and youā€™ve been posting in other threads. Tiny junk confirmed. Iā€™m sorry that this is the only outlet you have to try to make up for your inadequacies.

that is a lie, AP was a thing

Iā€™ve been one of the few people in this forum (as itā€™s primarily people who only do m+) who really like the m+ changes, but this is just a pretty silly statement.

M+ was one of the best changes ever made to this game, and it absolutely is every bit if not more difficult than raiding. Itā€™s not as complex, which Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get plenty of hateful replies for stating because everyone wants their preferred content to be the hardest for epeen purposes, but itā€™s certainly more difficult because of scaling, and if you can push through that you deserve an adequate reward. Mythic raiding is still absolutely the most complex, which is why it deserves to have the highest ilvl items in the game, which it does.

I personally think itā€™s still funny how the m+ community is in such uproar about gearing slowing down when itā€™s happening to all aspects of the game not just m+. If any member of the community should be complaining it should be the heroic raiders, not the mythic raiders, not the m+ community, definitely not the lolnormal raiders. And I donā€™t even think they have much room to complain.

1 Like