PVE gear in Arena or PVP gear in M+?

I have a 5-month-old baby, so I currently don’t have a lot of time to play. I am a returning player and I want to play M+ and Arena in my free time.

I don’t think I would have time to farm two sets of gear, so which kind should I aim for? It’s ok to play M+ with PVP gear?

The two types of content are completely different. Can you play both with one set of gear? Sure. If you only want to dabble and don’t plan on getting high rating in your secondary form of content that would be fine. But if you focus on gear for M+, your stats will be wrong for arena, and vice versa.

Further, there will be an ilvl disparity in one of the forms of content. Base conquest gear ilvl is 408 for PvE and is upgradeable to 434. But in PvP, conquest gear will auto-scale to 450 ilvl.

This means that if you try to use conquest gear for M+, you will be at a lower ilvl than most people running M+, while at the same time having the wrong stats. And if you try to use M+ gear for arena, while you can get close to the ilvl that everyone will have in arena, you will still have a bad time due to not having stacked versatility.

It really depends on which type of content you see yourself doing more as to which gear strategy you should pursue, but assuming you plan on playing both equally, I’d probably focus more attention on building the M+ set. That said, if you do play both equally, eventually you’ll naturally build a set of gear for both forms of content anyway. At the very least, it only takes about 3 hours of play time to farm an entire honor set from battlegrounds, so that would be easy enough to do even if you spread it out through a week or 2.