Put expired accounts into the Beta pool

The only caveat being that we’d have to resubscribe to play Beta…

My account is expired because I don’t care for retail. The chance of getting into Beta is very low. I don’t want to pay 15 bucks for a chance at it because I would (likely) be paying for a game that I do not care for. That being said, if the opportunity comes up, I would gladly pay for it.

Discuss?

1 Like

Magic 8 Ball says: No

If Blizzard decides to add expired accounts into the beta pool how will they be able to judge exactly which ones should get in and which ones shouldn’t. There is no clear way, outside of the opt in.

They’re likely trying to limit how much and what kind of feedback they’re looking for.

Going to quote this from another discussion. (Yes I know it’s me quoting myself)

Based on how the above examples were written from prior beta tests, an Active subscription is not required to get the beta invite. An Active subscription will be required in order to use it.

The problem is Activision is using the beta as a money grab. They figure they will get more money from foolish players resubscribing for beta aka lottery style.

1 Like

Then even more when they send out later round invites to unsubbed people. That way they get both people who were only gonna pay is they got in and the people who would pay for a chance to get in.

1 Like

SET ClassicInvite = 1 WHERE ‘AccountCreationDate’ < 1168905600 OR ‘ClassicDiscussionPostCount’ > 0;

If Blizz is using an SQL Database…