Pushing the Limits of Technology

Fair, but if I paid $25 in exchange for admission to that store and now you’re telling me it’s wait in line or leave, you better be letting me leave with a $25 refund.

EDIT: And not threatening me and my friends with “suddenly and without warning” being split up between who’ll be allowed to go in the ice cream store and who must leave.

dude
that guy is like nostradamus or something
rip qe2

2 Likes

there’s a reason blizzard doesn’t like to be active in controlling server populations is because people get stranded and blocked from playing where and with whom they want.

But when an extra 200,000 people all try to pour into the same 4 servers…

2 Likes

Are you paying a subscription fee for that ice cream? Great analogy lmao.

1 Like

Blizzard offered ice cream at another store but people would rather wait 4 hours for it.

This bad analogy gets worse with every passing second.

1 Like

either take the free transfer, accept the queues or quit.

They’ve already stated we’ve bloated the servers as high as they’ll go

Yeah, I was also intensely confused about how their “character migrations” a. Took so long. B. Were so botched.

What terrible architecture are they using where a character can’t be moved between servers with the simplest of procedures, even accounting for dupe names, mail queue, etc.

1 Like

They (Blizzard) bloated the servers. They own the servers, they control the access. Players didn’t do anything they weren’t explicitly allowed/encouraged to do by the owners of the system.

1 Like

Blizzard didn’t select benediction or faerlina on people’s transfer requests

Yeah but my grandmother that I love to eat ice cream with is at this store. I appreciate that you think I should just abandon my grandmother, but I rather like her.

Blizzard’s the ones who monitor and control server populations and gave the option for those transfers, which validates them as options blizzard supported.

ok then you and grandma can wait 4 hours for the ice cream. it’s just that good

The icecream at the other store has no cone and the refrigerator is broken.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more !! Upset customer… I spent 100$ on 4 transfers … they intentionally kept overloading their servers because they were making insane money on forcing people to transfer to the only remaining 2 servers. If you really want to make amends blizzard… offer REFUNDS to all those that transferred to those overpopulated server you created !!!

Grandma and I will, but we’re going to blame the owner of the store who controls every aspect and dynamic of ice cream generation and distribution for the problem.

The experience we have right now is just like on retail, but with queues and TBC/WotLK content. Server community is a myth and a poor excuse to leave things in a bad state.

Lol. Only temporary because people are fed up and quitting

except that isn’t correct.

people trying to claim realms of 8 or 9k are dead is what got us here in the first place.

1 Like

no, just natural as a lot of players are casual and quit when they get bored and go to another game.

According to some MMO data websites Wow classic lost just over 1M players during BWL…was that the raid’s fault? Or was that just people getting bored after playing for 4-5 months

1 Like