Pushing the Limits of Technology

3 years feels more then temporary, idk though. Would you get medicine if you were sick for 3 years?

1 Like

we had 3 years of queues?

hmmm

1 Like

A nifty idea, but… development would be required to establish name reservations. Moreover, keeping those reservations concurrent is likely (although I will admit I have not seen the code) to lead back to the same kinds of bottlenecks they’re already running into. If they’re ever to commit to making structural changes they’re almost certainly going to demand something more elegant and presentable than this. No offense.

this could very well revolutionize server tech. just imagine if it could be applied to other mmos like wow. i hope they can pull it off.

Don’t let one of the richest companies, with one of the richest CEOs, try to play poverty. That said I don’t want layers or mega realms. People need to stop doing this crap and MOVE. You paid to move in the front place so doing it for free shouldn’t be a problem.

3 Likes

Yes, servers have been experiencing ques since launch. Sounds like you’re new here?

2 Likes

Paying to move is exactly the problem. If they give people refunds for multiple transfers to a server thats now unplayable, there’s no longer an issue.

it’s not temporary, it’s recurring. this isn’t the first and wont be the last if something isn’t changed.

no merge is needed, they simply connect the realms and then players can still group together from the “2” version of their respective server

2 Likes

except they haven’t outside classic launch, covid lockdown madness and 1 server had any significant queue during tbc launch

So the last three years lmao. What an extremely weird stance you’re taking.

and the queues have been temporary not lasting 3 months you dolt

I mean get farmed dumby, horrible take from a weird shill.

2 Likes

do you get a cold for a week and claim you were sick for an entire year?

Do you fix problems in your life or do you just pray they disappear eventually? Monkeybrain

1 Like

Even if we are stuck with retail-esque horizontal scaling…can’t we just e.g. break up Faerlina into Faerlina1-4, connect them using the retail connected realm systems, and maybe, if possible (and this is mostly cosmetic) have them share a common name pool and omit the -FaerlinaX from people’s names?

1 Like

As I said above, maybe, but we don’t know enough about the system-specific constraints they’re facing to say so authoritatively and it’s still kinda ugly anyway.

I don’t know if this comment aged well or badly.

You know what players do on mobile games when they pay for a service and that service gets taken away from them?
They refund. Give me my money back and then Sure. It would be reasonable
The fact that i spent what i consider a decent amount on a video game no less than 2 months ago, made connections, joined a guild and paid my dues. Just to leave it all behind? so i can log into the game and actually play?

1 Like

When the ice cream store has a huge line up I either stand in line or go home.

I don’t stand on the sidewalk screaming about it