Purchasing Elite Ensembles Shouldn't be Character-Bound

Why is it that gladiator mounts - which are more exclusive than the Elite ensembles - are account wide, when the Elite ensembles added to the PvP vendors in Valdrakken are character bound?

I can purchase the Elite S4 ensemble on the PTR for my Priest, but I already got that ensemble for free for getting Rival. What’s the point of adding ensemble items to the vendor for the elite appearances if everyone who could conceivably ever buy them already has them?

It should just go account wide - if any character on your account reached the required rating (1800/Rival 1) you should be able to purchase the ensemble on any class for marks of honor. It’s an old expansion - there’s no reason not to at this point especially given gladiator mounts are account wide now.

1 Like

Cause they’re transmog sets and show some level of mastery over a given class. It also boosts PvP participation as it’s an incentive to play alts in PvP. The bracket would die if people just hit 1800 once and never played again for the rest of the season

1 Like

So then why are gladiator mounts, which are much harder to get, account wide? Again, it’s pointless to even have the ensembles exist when you already unlock them in full for making Rival; if you meet the requirements to purchase the set you already have it.

You also didn’t need to “demonstrate mastery over a given class” - because you could use marks of mastery from DF S2/3 to purchase Elite pieces.

So why hasn’t the bracket died when people can just hit 2400 and never play again for the rest of the season, after they unlock the Gladiator mount for their entire account?