#PullTheRipcord

Today I swapped my rogue to necrolord, beforehand it was the character I mained halfway into the patch before it became apparent I was the m+ tank in my guild after which I dropped it as my dk and later my monk simply eclipsed it in damage and use. Its hard to say for certain, but I think if I tried it sooner I would have tried harder to keep playing that rogue, because I underestimated how well built and satisfying the ability is. Its a shame because in the content draught part where of the patch only now do I get to realize how much fun I could have been having if I could just simply experiment with builds without a huge real time commitment.

Please change the system to one where I can experiment at will instead of at the lowest risk part of the patch, and even then only on the alts I don’t care about. For all I know I’d really enjoy the other three monk covenant abilities but I use this character to push content.

2 Likes

Covenants are so such garbage, It’s so awesome that we want to try to kill bosses faster but some people have already swapped off their best raid covenant to level up others which directly hurts the kill time.

Delete this trash.

2 Likes

If people do not mass unsub they wont ever change it. Even if players do unaub Ion would just double down on his bad idea. This dev team is a lost cause

4 Likes

Two days left. Hoping others follow suit.

2 Likes

I know so many people that did already. At least ill have their memories of when we had fun. But the dev team wants the game to be their way so idk what we can do. Our voices are “listened to” the same way that i listen to traffic sounds in my apartment room.

3 Likes

I’m so glad instead of getting content people enjoy like the mage tower we’re getting Torghast…talent trees??? what the HELL.

5 Likes

Im so sad that the only other forum thread that has ever surpassed this one was the high elf for alliance thread. This is the 3rd most commented on wow forum thread since the new forums were created years ago. Possibly in wow history. The other two are about high elves. Yet it means nothing to the devs.

3 Likes

And people keep telling me to stop worrying about this thread because It will never happen and go back to posting about high elfs.

3 Likes

At this point I think at least some of us have accepted the fact that there is a good chance it won’t happen. But in my opinion that is not the point. Just because it may not get better doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem. And if we don’t talk about it then nothing will happen. But if we do at least there is a chance, however remote it might be.

3 Likes

Hoping on that chance is all I have. What I am sure of is that I am not interested in paying anymore for this game right now.

Blizzdevs hate multi specs, multi role players.

Blizzdevs want to punish people who enjoy multiple aspect of the game.

They say you don’t need to be optimum in all contents.
They say, they don’t want you to switch around all the time.

You play 1 content and 1 spec. That’s it. anything else, just suck it up.

1 Like

At least we know they eventually will pull the ripcord.

When they launch the next expansion.

3 Likes

Which just gives those of us taking a break from the game all the more time to get settled elsewhere. Hopefully this “sunk cost” feeling will go away now.

monumental patch notes once again from Blizzard.

Good to see they are really taking this balance thing seriously by buffing holy paladin. I am starting to see i was wrong blizzard will get it right this time!

2 Likes

They sucked the life out of me. Wow is no longer my home. Its sad.

1 Like

God even the critics of PullTheRipcord have unsubbed now, how miserable.

Ghost town on these forums lately.

5 Likes

The rip cord never existed.

Kinda on a tangent.

Recently Blizzard made it so when you switch Covenants you get full Conduit Energy.

Instead of just removing Conduit energy. Like why? They’ve added so many concessions for Conduits, like being able to change the paths or your actual soulbind by just being in a rested area, but they still persist with Conduit energy existing when it doesn’t need to.

3 Likes

Its hard to get the full picture but I’m worried that the current thought process is:
make covenant legendarys that boost outlier covenants and the ones that aren’t good can just use the best legendary for the class as usual. For example the venthyr paladin one has to beat mad paragon which is really tough competition.

This means they can low key tune the others to break, but it seems really short sighted because even if they make a necrolord paladin legendary that is theoretically the best legendary for paladin but you have to go necrolord, which it currently isn’t to my knowledge, you just end up with a even bigger divide between covenant focuses. You still have venthyr holy outdpsing ret during cooldowns, you still have kyrian for actually healing. Necrolord enters some sustain build thing. And suddenly paladins are pressured to go night fae off prog for logs because night fae is noticable with the legendary or somesuch.

Similarly conduit energy is worrisome since it hasn’t been talked about but conduits are
A. Getting stronger and scalling harder.
B. Getting more slots but no extra energy.

Which will lead to some classes having to change up to 3 potency conduits from their bis soulbind because each conduit is now more valuable. And its incredibly likely we are getting new conduits soon, it only makes sense when they added extra potency conduits to trees. I want to say there is no way that they are done with that, and I believe it, but it is very worrisome to see souldbinds/conduits in their current state and have blizzard say its not a problem while they double down on adding pressure to the cracks in that system.

It boggles the mind that they tell us they are happy with current covenant restrictions but that it will only be a shadowlands “feature” and they do not think they would do it again. Sounds more like they are happy with it being the expansions marquee failure similar to azerite traits and corruption that they were also “happy” about it.

1 Like