#PullTheRipcord The covenant class abilities must be untied to the covenant choice

No, they don’t.

Covenant class abilities must stay tied to Covenant choice. The whole concept behind the system is the Covenants being a singular choice.

And joining a Covenant isn’t about abilities or even cosmetics; it’s about being a part of a new, specific society with a unique position, duties, values, ect in the greater Shadowlands cosmology. The abilities and cosmetics are perks, not the point.

You want to choose based on the perks, your choice, but stop trying to ruin the first meaningful RP choice Blizzard has come up with in ages because you can’t deal with not having your cake and eating it too.

2 Likes

Some people worry to much. The way I look at it you will down the mythic version of the raid eventually not matter your class/race/spec. Maybe a 2 tiers later but you still downed it. Or early in the next expac.

Which is exactly why one covenant needs to be very strong for a certain situation, so that you are allowed the choice to change it. But whatever. People who don’t do the hardest content simply don’t understand, which is fair. I didn’t understand in WoD either

That completely removes any sense of achievement or satisfaction.

You can pop on over to warcraftlogs and datamine down to ele shaman for current mythic raiding content and see a plethora of ele shamans represented in the mythic raid scene. Choose a different guild. There’s no excuse as to why your friend can’t raid mythic as an ele shaman where players all over the world are.

Oh he could of course! But the guild keeps a roster of ~25 people and he is just not essential for a spot. He brings no unique utility and shaman damage isnt great. He gets to come to the bosses like hivemind, or when they’re on farm.

He has been with the guild for a while, he doesn’t want to leave. He’s just hoping for the day ele brings something to the table. The covenants will be the same way

Ele does have utility such as wind rush totem and earth ele. These are both strong utility spells so i don’t really think ele shaman should be looked at with the whole finding a guild thing. but whatever, thats off topic for this thread. however assuming the hes competing against say an rshaman that bring similar utility thats when this is comparable. if he would to be doing competitive damage with 1 covenant but he chose another cause cosmetics and now isn’t in cause of his cosmetic choice that is where problems arise.

Now vallidorn,

You can pop on over to warcraftlogs and datamine down to ele shaman for current mythic raiding content and see a plethora of ele shamans represented in the mythic raid scene. Choose a different guild. There’s no excuse as to why your friend can’t raid mythic as an ele shaman where players all over the world are.

I want you to hold onto this statement and if they don’t change covenant abilities to be interchangeable i want you to go and count every single ele that is not using the determined bis covenant for a given tier. i think you’ll find almost none, with absolutely none in the top 100.

There is only ele shamans now because they can do competitive damage and change their damage profile whenever they need to.

Nah. Downing normal and heroic is good enough. Mythic is just something fun to try to down.

I think that most Mythic raiders would not share your sentiment…

So then why single out Covenant abilities when you just admitted the guild would bench ‘bad classes’ regardless?

Because shamans will bring utility in SL. But he would still be benched if the takes the wrong covenant.

My DH friend will just have to hope that he picks right and doesn’t get suddenly nerfed. His spot will be given to the many other DHs who want that spot and chose right

Thematic’s for each of these abilities can be changed. Tying player power to covenants is a worse decision then using the wrong ability anyways. Hell the player abilities granted from the covenants are fine, such as the revendreth teleport. Thats cool, its special, but it doesn’t effect player performance. But instead they are making abilities that have a huge impact on your performance (cause they are literally just additional numbers to your damage profile).

Because you widen the reason as to why with their Covenant choice

Ummm… given none of that addreses what I wrote, I don’t know why you quoted my post.

I’m not going to check because I think the likely-hood that your wrong is small. Blizzard design decisions in the past 8 years have lead to this. By allowing everyone to swap freely between specializations, the modern day talent system and them being swappable whenever, and the layering of rental systems and the fact that these rental systems compose most of your dps.

I think many of us don’t like the above decisions and the covenants look to be steering the game back towards what it was like before 8 years ago when things turned for the worse for players like me.

Think I won’t bench guildies for not meeting the output once we’ve done all the mechanics right? Y’all be trippin’. Bet half the people here never raid seriously outside of LFR or maybe Normal.

1 Like

Your talking about the rp of a given covenant.

Covenant class abilities must stay tied to Covenant choice. The whole concept behind the system is the Covenants being a singular choice.

oh and here

You want to choose based on the perks, your choice, but stop trying to ruin the first meaningful RP choice Blizzard has come up with in ages because you can’t deal with not having your cake and eating it too.

you literally mention that abilities should be tied to each covenant for rp purposes. I said thematic’s can be changed to match the covenant. Even if they don’t change it if you care about rp so much just use the one that your covenant choice gives you, what does it even change for you?

Me thinks it also has to do with the personality of ‘It’s not me, it’s all of you’.

Doing mechanics correctly and not meeting a dps check? No that’s just the spec sucking or you’re soft carrying a few people

1 Like

Me thinks letting guildies do subpar DPS and HPS in challenging content is a joke. Bringing the raid down to let them fulfill their fantasy, AT THAT POINT, is a piss poor raid leader.

Again, I didn’t say AT THE START. For my raids, after we check mechanics and doing the fight 90% correctly. Then I bench for numbers. Mechanics check > Numbers check > Trim excess.