#PullTheRipcord The covenant class abilities must be untied to the covenant choice

It must be past the hundred thousands bed time… surely tomorrow we will see support rally for the locked in talents… *ahem… covenants

Don’t worry Vallidorn just threw his support in there.

There are dozens of them.

Dozens!!!

Maybe there would be more if we gathered them all up and put them in the Trade District so they could RP a protest for meaningful choice #minmaxerssuck!

1 Like

Yeah, don’t you raid? If you don’t have the right spec (which is 100% determined by which one the dev team wants to prevail for a patch) and the right gear (which again is 100% determined by dev team) why would a team bring you when they can get more dps for another guildie because your spec and gear is not favored?

1 Like

Going to assume since some people might be confused on the benching thing. Its not a direct oh you are benched bye type thing a guild will sit down talk to you figure out how to move forward on dealing with the issue if you are benched you are very aware it was going to happen and talked to someone about it. There is skum mythic guilds that just bench you or drop you out of no where but alot of better ones talk to you about it. Mythic raiding is alot of team effort and you are working with them so when people are talking about getting benched its for the betterment of the team and its just a reality of difficult content.

Because Vallidorn is delusional and has no ideal how mythic raiding works. He’s a jealous little man who wants to stick to the mythic raiders

Where do you fall? I could make a case you belong on the ‘chip’ side. I can not speak for others but I feel this debate is more about people who want something with lasting consequences and those who don’t. It has nothing to do with Mythic, or PvP, or dungeons. My stance comes down to I prefer pro’s and con’s more locked in on a character. You and plenty of others do not. Only time will tell how this will play out.

1 Like

Challenging content makes you do things you don’t like, who woulda thunk it.

1 Like

You expect us to shoot ourselves in the foot because of covenant imbalances? That doesn’t seem like much of a “gameplay choice”, but more of a wrong decision. I’d like to choose based on class fantasy preference, but don’t have that luxury since I’d be deliberately handicapping myself and the team by choosing a numerically inferior covenant.

I did the first raid tier for BFA and quit until now. Raiding is something I used to do more of in Legion when I ran my own guild, and in WoTLK. I just haven’t been that much into WoW since Blizzard changed the game to favor today’s population over previous generations. Things such as locking new races and flight behind reputation grinds, and locking power progression behind daily quest grinds has left me with very little interest in the game compared to when the game allowed me to play a race with expansion purchase, unlock flying with gold, and also allow me to progress to max level, then do heroic dungeons, and then log in to raid the rest of the expansion.

When I raided consistently, I never had trouble raiding with my preferred class and spec, which was Blood DK dps in WoTLK and Frost DK (which sucked in Legion). But I ran my own guild and we were accepting of other people. We didn’t push Mythic raiding.

In other MMORPG’s where I raid or did raid, we brought the player, not a set of numbers. This is because content isn’t designed to require the min/max attitude. The min/max mentality makes the raids easier, but I didn’t raid to have things easy to begin with. I appreciate tackling a challenge with the group or raid I put together, and using creativity to overcome the deficiencies of a raid/group comp. I’ve been that way always, even since I first started playing MMORPG’s with DAOC in 2001 when I was 21 years old.

In WoW, there’s always a ranking of DPS, which anyone can see on the internet. There are differences between DPS specs of large proportions, but this doesn’t stop raid teams bringing most of these specs and still clearing Mythic content. I don’t expect 1 ability from a covenant to all of a sudden change that. Accepting a player with an inferior covenant choice is no different than accepting a dps spec that parses middle to middle lower of the pack.

3 Likes

It depends on the type of guild you join. If you join one where the players actually form good relationships with each other, where everyone becomes friends, this isn’t something I’ve seen happen. The guild I used to run used to have a sister guild that some members teamed up with to push Mythic. They weren’t cutting edge players, but they all got along and didn’t get benched for playing sub-optimal dps, healer, or tank specs. They just kept trying until they figured it out.

We’re talking about a video game here, not running a business. You get together, make friends, and work together to have fun taking down bad guys. It’s that simple. A part of the player base turns it into a job, maximizing throughput, analyzing everything, and squeezing out every advantage to make challenging content as easy as possible. Isn’t the point of tackling the hardest content to be challenged? Why push to make it as easy and sterile as possible?

2 Likes

Sorry, is the extent of your raiding experience 6/8 Normal Uldir?

One last thing. Don’t think I don’t understand where you all are coming from. I do. I manage an operation for one of the largest companies in the world. I understand full well what it is to build a team of the best of the best, organize them, and maximize throughput and efficiency.

I’ve played video games for decades and I just don’t agree with this mentality in a MMORPG that says you have to be and have the best to beat down content. The RPG in MMORPG means something. RPG’s require a player to make choices; choices that leave your character imperfect. The MMO part suggests that you are coordinating and working with others to cover these imperfections in order to overcome the games challenges. I don’t want to game in a world where design decisions are determined for those who want to min/max. The reason why is because that mentality forces homogenization, which is extremely boring.

4 Likes

Oh sorry, are guilds not allowed to be places where players form good friends while also being able to raid at a high level? That’s funny, I’d assume people wouldn’t want to spent 7 hours a week in an instance if they didn’t like each other.

You can have both of them, benching is something mythic guilds need to do. It’s a necessity

You’ve done 6 bosses in normal the entire expansion, don’t you think you’re reaching a little trying to give criticisms of how players want to be the best versions of themselves?

They want to excel, they want to be recognised for being a spectacular player. Not everyone in the game is okay with being poor at the game that you seem to embrace so much as long as we make a few friends a long the way!

Then don’t do the content, which you clearly don’t do anyway.

Actually guffawed out loud army ranger captain, great job.

Nothing about this new system will stop you and your ilk from being the best in what you want to do if that’s your priority. But this new system appeals to me and may interest me enough to get back into the game where I would want to dedicate more time to raiding seriously. Bringing back players who want more RPG in their MMORPG is only a good thing for the game overall.

1 Like

We’re 439 posts deep and you’re still posting the same garbage that was debunked hundreds of responses ago.

Then you posted the most out of touch comment I’ve ever seen about your guild was full of mates who high fived each other when you leveled up and spent weekends out running charity drives where as the EVIL mythic RAIDERS spent their weekends kicking children in the park.

I’d appreciate it actually if you just left, I don’t particularly want another ban.

I don’t even think the balance even come close to “you can pick whatever, no need to be the best one”.

Take Paladin for example, Ashen Hallow is a 4 minutes cooldown 1.5 sec cast time Consecration, which will undoubtedly be literal garbage for PVP and probably good in a PVE fight where you can stand still.

This talent will put every Paladin players at a crossroad wether they want to PVP or PVE, if Ashen Hallow was a talent, it wouldn’t even be considered suboptimal talent, it would be considered a trap talent.

2 Likes

Are you going to continue with the immature responses, or would you rather have a mature discussion?

1 Like

It’s jumping the gun to freak out about these abilities when we don’t even have a full picture of what the soulbinds will be or the legendaries. I’ll reserve judgement until I get the full picture.

It’s not jumping the gun when everyone is aware of what the outcome will be.

There will be a best for X, Y, Z content.
There is not a chance in the universe they are all equally balanced, and there is even less chance that one won’t be inevitable nerfed.

When they get nerfed, everyone sure is going to feel that MEANINGFUL CHOICE.

It’s akin to being able to being forced to be one essence.

You could pick only 1 and be locked in, for Shaman I’d be forced to pick VoP Major because it’s best for raiding. VoP major is worthless in PvP and M+, you’d never run it.

So what, now I’d just be out of luck? Damn that class fantasy feels great how amazing is this meaningful choice yee haw!