#PullTheRipcord The covenant class abilities must be untied to the covenant choice

Not. A. Once. When I did raiding or M+ during both Legion and BFA was I ever asked if I had a specific legendary or Azerite trait. The only thing people cared about was the IO score which meant that I did plenty of keys and if I had AotC. Most players aren’t going to go so far to try and tear down each player they’re inviting to their runs to such a degree. So from personal experience from doing this for a few years, I have a hard time believing such an extreme.

And again, lets say you’re absolutely right. God help you if you choose the wrong Covenant.

2 Likes

If that happened then I just wouldn’t raid or do mythic+ keys at that level and would unsub after I complete what I can. But at least I’d be happy that the choice I made was meaningful.

I just heard about each Covenient getting its own Legendeary. … yea if that is true. I think that will be the bigger issue on top of the balancing that was all for see.

A. Looks cool and I want to RPG with it

B. This is a game of Min/Max if you want to push high end content so my choice is made for me.

Which option do M raiders pick and or key pushers? . . B always B

1 Like

Willing to take your wants all the way to the grave huh? You’re kind of proving my point as to why they should remove the restriction. If you’re correct in your assertion of the playerbase, why would Blizzard move forward knowing that you would just unsub while also making it hard for players wanting to push content?

Also your decision can still be meaningful. Tackling people to the ground and shoving their face in the dirt on their decision is only going to make players frustrated and unsub all the same.

1 Like

There’s a reason why so many of us were excited to see Classic get released. We wanted choices that mattered. The elitist mindset ruined classic though. They probably will with this as well if Blizzard sticks to their guns. But at least I can play the class and spec I want with a meaningful covenant choice and enjoy it for what it’s worth for a year or so.

Yes and there is a reason everyone quit wow or went back to retail, because they realised how times have changed and those kind of grindfest games are not enjoyable anymore.

"Yes, I love playing healer and not being able to dps or do quests as (damage spec) because respec is 50g " is an argument I’ve never heard in my life and just a reminder. I played Vanilla. I’ve played every iteration of the game including classic.

Sorry, we circle back to how does changing it to open make your choice not meaningful anymore?

2 Likes

I’ve outlined that already in previous posts. If that’s not something you can accept, then we just have to agree to disagree like adults.

Yes, then you can leave the thread because you’re repeating yourself and exhausting people who care about this change.

Anyone who thinks meaningful choice only means you have to pick 1 only has not been on this planet long enough .

Choices are dependent on the situation . Say a person does both pve and pvp and one covenant has a better pve ability and another has a better pvp one . That player should not be forced to have to use 2 toons to do the content they like . They should be able to do both on one toon . If they choose to do multiple forms of content that is on them , but they should never have to feel like they need to make multiple toons to feel competitive at any level of content . Because in the end we all want the best for our toons.

2 Likes

I don’t think Classic is ruined. The elitist mentality is only exemplified in the guilds that have like 1 hour clears. My guild doesn’t do that. We do seek to improve, but I’m not gonna nail anyone to the wall for wanting to play a certain way. Only if it becomes a liability on our potential to clear the raid.

On our realm we have a constant amount of guilds who are clearing for the first time and celebrating on the Reddit. There was even a dwarf guild that full cleared MC with only dwarfs. Which was pretty cool to see.

While the choice in how players want to play is significantly lowered, the friends that you make are your choice now. And if you wish to be a lone wolf then yes, you will run into hardship. And that has never not been the case in World of Warcraft when doing progression content in the past decade.

So if you’re okay with dragging other players down for your idea of what a meaningful choice is only to unsubscribe when someone informs you that indeed that was the worst possible choice that you could’ve made in Covenants, then God speed.

1 Like

Remember when Blizzard changed talents so you can swap on the fly and didn’t need to pay gold to respec? It’s almost like that model of the game is outdated and not player friendly at all.

Hmm…

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

1 Like

No one likes being bad at content. If I see another dk I’m like “lets see what spec is better frost or unholy” or something along those lines. Losing to another player simply because they chose something better for that particular situation is infuriating. Its like corruption where player skill is less important than the right skill (or ability) in the right scenario.

2 Likes

Tell me why not . I don’t know about you even with the low level content I do I still strive to be the best at it I can be . Do you not strive to be the best at what you do in the game ?

4 Likes

Just so people don’t think you are crazy, the top Demon hunter log for Wrathion currently is a DH who managed to get 31 Procs of Infinite Stars in 4 minutes and 23 seconds.

It did 51% of his damage. Think about that, over half of his damage is a piece of corruption. The guy is so skilled!

3 Likes

This person gets why people are against class abilities being tied into the covenants.

2 Likes

He never said failed to deliver . THey have delivered every bad borrowed power decision on time despite people telling them they were broken . He is saying do you trust them to balance them because I’ll tell you right now I have more faith in the balancing abilities of a one legged drunk juggling lit dynamite on a high wire then I do in blizzards ability to balance anything.

2 Likes

I’m a World Questing Random Battle Ground LfR hero and I don’t like that the abilities are tied to the covenants. I want to be able to be in a rested area or have some item I can click on to get to the right class ability form SL for the content I am doing at the time.

3 Likes

Fixed that for you, and yes, I do think that outcome is more likely.

1 Like

Ion did pledge that they would make them swappable if it ends up not working out, thankfully this will inevitably not work out if they don’t make the class spells swappable so rejoice!

2 Likes

Battlefronts themselves are alright its just the way they handle them. Not much reason to do them more than once per cycle. I do the darkshore heroic for the loots every time it comes up.