#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

Huh, Ralph returns from his suspension and your post mysteriously gets flagged as a “real life threat” at the same time. What a coincidence, almost as if that specific flag were chosen by someone on multiple alts.

Did you see his interaction with Preach on that video someone linked here? You could almost see Preach’s disbelief that someone like this exists growing in real time as the two of them interacted.

1 Like

How far up do I gotta scroll.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PreachGaming/status/1294973606162763778

Funny video in question. Interaction is in the comments… You’ll see. Want to make it cryatal clear here that I’m not posting this to get anyone to engage with said forum troll over there. Leave him be, it’s not worth it. It’s just eye opening what happens when Preach realizes who this system really appeals to.

Ah yeah, found the thread.

The actual clip is funny though, it’s pretty much exactly how Covenants go down.

“No, you’re not allowed in our super secret clubhouse even though you helped us and continue to help us, cause you joined someone elses super secret clubhouse”.

Interesting that Ralph is actually who he is, and not a character he plays. I thought for sure that it was just a super elaborate troll playing the extreme long game.

1 Like

Haha yeah, really exposes how arbitrary the lock on this stuff is. More and more it looks like it wasn’t originally designed to be this way, but someone decided it had to be locked towards the end of the development cycle.

I’m amazed Preach actually responded to him for that long. Jesus christ

2 Likes

“MUH RPG ELEMENTS” don’t even justify the writers caring about them lmao.

2 Likes

Probably because that’s just Ion doing what he always does. Coming up with a nonsense justification that doesn’t actually match what happened.

Must be so demoralizing to work for this guy. Imagine coming up with this cool new story about the different factions of the afterlife working together and interacting with the Maw Walker. Then the moment you’re dreading comes, and Ion starts paying attention. “Good job coming up with this. We’re going to lock players out of almost all of it.” And just like that, your hard work is ruined by Mr Systems.

3 Likes

It’s the new morally grey.

1 Like

Good morning everyone!

#PullTheRipcord

2 Likes

#DeleteLFR

#NerfDHs

I don’t think we need to delete LFR, we just need LFR to not be the source for augment runes early in the expansion.

Brutal Truth.

Yup, you can tell from the way he talks about this locked Covenant stuff that it was his idea. That or he’s the best there ever was at running cover for his subordinates when they have a bad idea. Really doubt it’s the latter though.

So you don’t use essences or swap them situationally?

It’s so hard to see why anyone is against making the powers function like essences. As someone who likes what is on beta, you lose nothing if it changes. Why are people against keeping covenants but making the abilities things you can change? Makes no sense given more than half of bfa allowed easy swapping of the new powers. Were there people upset about this? I feel like people are just trolling at this point.

Either way he allowed it… this is what Covenants being locked looks like to me, less content. Same $15 a month.

Of course you feel like people are trolling when you want to dismiss their argument.

They haven’t been able to balance the game before conduits and soulbinds, why should the players trust them to balance it now? You can keep the Covenants, remove the borrowed power.

I really do think he mandated this stuff towards the end of the development cycle. The system seems designed with multiple Covenants in mind, not a single Covenant choice at a time. This is his baby, just like removing flying was his baby.

1 Like

It’s time to throw the baby out with the bath water.

2 Likes