#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

Yeah this is so stupid. The venthyr ability for druids having such an awful downside when the gain isn’t even that good for feral/guardian is sad. These abilities aren’t balanced and never will be. If Blizzard can’t even make talent rows work then there’s no way they can make the even more restrictive covenants work.

#PullTheRipcord

5 Likes

Praise it my brother, most specs have 3 dead rows of talents still with 1 good one and 2 absolute garbage choices.

What makes them think taking a bite this big is going to work?

4 Likes

Sure pull the ripcord but don’t half-do it. Remove Covenant abilities altogether if you’re going to turn them into another non-choice. Just scrap them entirely.

2 Likes

I’m fine with this, but while they’re at it they should finish the classes so they’re not half completed junk.

1 Like

People said the same thing with glyphs and talents. But that wasn’t true.

If you mean min/max took away most of the choice…well even with the projected current design…it will require more min/max because the opportunity costs will be higher if you choose wrong.

That is why we are advocating for a less punishing system and to have more flexibility of player choice and agency.

:+1:

Casuals use ICYveins

Very true.

I remember looking at elitist jerks forums all the time for their guides. Shadow panther for leveling and gemming. RogueRogue for tips playing Rogue from Akrios. Even world of Ming blog haha and then arena junkies.

The assumption that casual players don’t look at what top players are doing is heavily flawed.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

They have been screwing the balance since WoW launched in 2004

None of these things still exists though, because Icyveins actually hire writers. Also WOM was hilarious for drama but never published anything worthwhile in term of gameplay. Still remember Billian’s R1 rant before he realized he got passed by a bunch of PVErs in 5s rofl. AJ was basically High School for turbo nerds.

Who do you think write these guides?

Because some vocal players want to be optimal for every type of content with one single character, they want a super feature to be removed. I now understand why the same crowd whined for BFA: the game does not fit their play style anymore.

I just hope they keep Covenants as they are!

#KeepTheGameFunForEveryOneBlizzard
#DontListenToTheWhinersBlizzard
#DoWhatYouDoBest!

1 Like

Using icy veins is fine, worshipping icy veins and not using your brain to parse out why certain things are taken over others is a bit more of a problem. I think you agree with this point, so not sure why I replied you specifically, but here we are.

Its not a matter of worship or not. Its just basic maths. That’s what Icyveins is based on. Game is simple.

yeah, but we don’t always have every single variable in place to complete the equation.

Elitist Jerks no longer exists because Ion works for Blizzard . It was his guild’s web site . Kind of a conflict of interest.

Yeah theory crafters and mythic raiders . But who are you going to go to for the game play part of wow some furry simpin in the goldshire in on Moonguard or someone actually going the content .

The info they put on sites like icyveins doesn’t just help high end players it also helps the casuals.

1 Like

Yo dawg, why are you resorting to calling people names? Do you not have anymore arguments to offer and this is a last resort effort?

Idk picked a random high ranking guy on WCL

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/area-52/powerboss

Is there a big difference in his setup and mine? (beyond raw numbers, i came into this patch like 6 months late).

All i personally did is follow icyveins as like i said, i skipped 90% of this xpack so cba getting through the maths of it.

Maths are maths. If something is mathematically superior to another option, its going to be the same for everyone, casual or hardcore lol.

Edit : Few exceptions may apply, such as Fire Mage, but that’s a niche example.

So wouldn’t it be better if you had some type of talent row that would perform better on a situation to situation basis so you’re not just setting points and never looking at your talents again?

1 Like

I know what you mean about the covenant class abilities and to be honest I would like those removed from the covenants and made into talents .

Along with that have a persons chosen Covenant’s Soul Binds work with all of the abilities . If you look at it now with 1 class ability and 3 soul binds you basically at the min have 3 builds but open all the class abilities (for a specific class ) and add all of them to your chosen covenant’s soul binds and you open yourself to a min of 12 builds to experiment with.

2 Likes

But it’s not fun for everyone, that’s like, literally the whole point of this thread…

#KeepTheGameFunForEveryOneBlizzard except those who want to be the strongest version of the spec in multiple forms on content, or those who want to pick based of aesthetics/lore apparently.

5 Likes

I still don’t see the point of having them at all if they’re just become 2 other rows of talents. I already don’t use half of my talents, good chances i won’t use half of my covenant abilities if i can just swap them around based on maths.

So why have them at all?