PTR: You can't even preview dracthyr

I wanted to check out the customisation in game but the race is currently hidden…

PTR=/=Beta

These threads need to stop.

18 Likes

DF isn’t on PTR? Or is the pre-patch on PTR?

Except dracthyr are coming with the pre patch. The PTR is testing the pre patch. Therefor dracthyr should be on the PTR.

4 Likes

I agree. /10char

First expansion?

Things are added to the PTR in pieces. Always been this way.

7 Likes

cant even enter mythic dungeons. installed ptr - went to iron docks to see if you could do m+ → ported out → uninstalled ptr

Things are tested in stages all the time. How do people still not know this?

7 Likes

It probably so people test the PTR content and not only Dracthyrs :wink:

3 Likes

Wowhead’s dressing room allows you to look at dracthyr customizations and see how things like shoulder and waist items look on them

1 Like

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting Dracthyr to be testable on PTR anyway. They want people to buy Dragonflight to play as them.

At best, they might open up Dracthyr on PTR closer to launch of the Pre-Patch. They may or may not open up Dracthyr before Pre-Patch hits live servers, though, but they will eventually be on PTR whether it’s before, during, or after Pre-Patch.

IIRC, they may have excluded Allied Race Death Knights from Shadowlands PTR until the expansion’s full release.

In the mean time, you can opt-in to the Dragonflight Beta for a chance to get in if you haven’t already done so and check out Dracthyr customization options in Wowhead’s Beta Dressing Room.

Is there some internet site people have that delivers an RNG topic for all to spam on a given day? I swear it seems collective posting of the same topics always happens…

2 Likes

Guys why isn’t ptr the completed version of the game? I logged on expecting early access to test out the new features and it’s not even finished. Like what are they even doing? Implementing features in an iterative fashion so they can focus on different parts of the game at a given time lol?

4 Likes

I’ll wait. Don’t want to ruin the experience

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

1 Like

Part of the issue is the blue post for the 10.0 PTR flat out says

To see full details on what’s in the current build, please visit the Dragonflight Beta Development Notes thread.

Which low and behold the latest build has stuff for evoker.

1 Like

OK let’s talk licenses for a sec: The PTR is a PTR license, the Beta is a beta license. They are for different things. Because PTR is non-restricted players that have not bought dragonflight could potentially have access, which negates the entire point of selling dragonflight. So they don’t include next expansion content including license restricted things like Dracthyr on the PTR.

The PTR release notes are here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-pre-expansion-ptr-development-notes/1330092

Yeah the the part I quoted is from that, it’s literally the second sentence.

And then underneath that it lists exactly what is available on the PTR.

You realize I’m not saying Dracthyr were supposed to be the right? I’m saying that it is possible that someone reading that post could be confused by the wording.