PTR Wand Shoot ability failing to work in melee range

I am playing a mage on the HC PTR. When I first started playing I got a wand and used it constantly for better mana regen. I would cast a few spells and finish killing an enemy by wanding it down. When I killed the mobs they would often be in melee range hitting me as I wanded them down.

Now if an enemy is in melee range I CANNOT use the shoot ability and the game forces my character to attack with my melee weapon. This was never the case before in Era if memory serves. I should be able to use my shoot ability/spell with my wand equipped even if the enemy is in melee range.
Please fix this before HC launch!

Go to your options and turn off the Auto Shoot/Auto Attack option.

This is now an option because of the new options menu, and is on by default. We’re working to change that, but in the mean time just toggle it off. Should be in Options Combat all the way at the bottom if I remember

1 Like

That definitely fixes my issue. Thanks for the information friend! Hope it does get remedied in the future but at least there is a easy work around. Thanks again!

Yeah sorry for the issue, it’s something that we’re hoping to get straightened out

because wands are no longer a thing in retail and they think its a smart idea to bring said retial settings to classic

We have a fix in internal testing right now to default this option to off, and remove the option from the interface options menu. We hope to have this fix live within the next few days.

In the meantime, feel free to disable this option in the options menu to restore normal wanding/auto shot behavior.

3 Likes

Can you please tell us which command to run to turn this back on after the patch today? This was a massive accessibility upgrade that is now seemingly gone.