PTR quest spoilers, but

I remember that dungeon, the maids expect you to use them as soon as you enter because of the abuse. You can see they have accepted this as the only way to survive now. Its very sad, thankfully the WOL saves them and gives them a free future.

To be fair, when your essentially a “time cop” of sorts, you cannot afford to be morale. You have to fix the timeline in whatever way it was intended, even if it means seeing your friend die again where they would have lived and then a time paradox happens. Time cops aka bronze dragons avoid this and do what they must - duty bound, not morale bound.

This is shown in Dragonball heroes, where you essentially play a time cop and go to timelines and interject when someone is trying to make a change(consider the villains like infinite dragonflight), and the rest would change with it. Regardless of who dies or lives in some historic battle, you cannot let them do the opposite. So example…Goku has had to die many times in the series, and you must ensure the battle goes how it was supposed to go.

3 Likes

I think that there is a clear difference between that and personally ensuring a character gets raped for even longer. Not as a chain reaction, but directly ensuring it still happens.

And then having that character justify it.

All of which is a moot point, because while that is what the Bronze Dragonflight does, there doesn’t need to be a quest written about directly allowing a character to continue to get raped.

At this point, it’s in the hands of the story narrative design.

Ultimately, my opinion isn’t one that matters but I felt it prudent to bring it up because again, I’m unsure this made it past the check or if the people who did check it were aware of the full implications.

I posted this in PTR forums, and I would have deleted this post flat out but I don’t have that option.

6 Likes

instead of removing quest give us the “no russian mission” pop up when the quest pops up.

1 Like

The… almost derangement some people are displaying over this(on Twitter, of course) is kinda stomach turning.
Do these people actually think rape is worse than unleashing xenocidal armies and the plague of undeath on the world? Like get some perspective, jeez.

8 Likes

this was in the book and we did not hear anything about it

2 Likes

Not really an issue. The people that don’t read the lore won’t be reading the quest text either. They literally got addons to just auto accept quests without looking twice.
And people can say it’s the more singular focus on one individual that adds a layer to it, but the consequence is the same scope as the others.

BTW, I say all this as a person that had a pretty not good experience in first grade(6yo). This is a fictional being, with some random time nonsense. It’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

it is an odd one.
We read and watch fictional stories with way worse than this, but then we arent directly involved in the storyline in books and movies, so Im conflicted.

1 Like

Well,I do see it in a bad light and tbh,it’s pretty bad look being a protestant in a murder .who else are we going to murder King varadin ?

Titans forbid Blizzard remains consistent for once with their lore. The Bronze Dragons keep the “one true timeline” as intended, which means maintaining events like the opening of the Dark Portal, the culling of Stratholme, and even the Dragonmaw imprisonment of Alexstrasza has to be kept intact. There are plenty of other fantasy massively multiplayer online games you can play if you don’t like this one.

8 Likes

Don’t know. There might be more quests pop up eventually.
The premise is off to me though, as I said earlier. It’d be ok if the infinites were buggering with these instances themselves, but I don’t see why these de-synchs in the timeline would matter when they’re just happening on their own. That’s just causality, the spawning of different alternate timelines(that canonically just fade from existence if left alone).

If it were in a another time line but more likely they are not.This doesn’t give a good feeling to the players that do such quests,when all the while we knew it wasn’t us that did them.

Once you give people time travel, you have to give a rationalization why they aren’t actually ever using it change anything,

The bronze dragon solution is that there’s only one path to eventual victory and that changing anything, no matter how horrible, ruins it,

If we then explore that path, it obviously leads through some very dark places. Is it better to ignore them or confront them?

1 Like

Can’t believe people are arguing for this.

The quest is tone deaf. It doesn’t do anything for the story… so why add it? Just replace it with literally any other event in the game that doesn’t involve us being complicit with SA. Especially with chromies “tee hee” moment. Wtf?

Yea, kearnan dies, boo hoo. Killing things is literally the game. We had a whole expansion of going back in time and killing characters people liked.

This quest isn’t it. Just stop

13 Likes

If the bronze wish this let them do it,we have nothing to gain or lose from it but our sanity.

1 Like

It doesn’t need to change.

We aren’t doing anything to Alex. We’re just fixing the main timeline so we all don’t get screwed over and poofed out of existence.

I’m just going to say here what I said somewhere else:

As someone who has been sexually assaulted (and worse)… I don’t see the issue with the quest. There are dark moments in this game and needing to keep timelines intact is important to the lore. Alex herself even understands that. No one can hide from what was. And it shouldn’t be glossed over. I think it’s important to remember the evils that were done as a harsh reminder for the future.

Let’s also look at other examples, such as in Vanilla where we kill random people because they’re not a race in our faction. Or the quest where they made a woman more docile by cutting into her brain. Or how the farms in Southshore are now human farms with bodies “growing” in the fields.

This isn’t always a light hearted game. There are dark parts of the past.

11 Likes

That’s the one issue I do have with this, and Kearnen’s death. That’s the only reason I’d be ok with it being removed, though I don’t really care if it is or isn’t.
With Alex’s situation, it’s less involvement, just putting an artifact back where it’s supposed to be(her assault taking place isn’t really our issue and we don’t have a hand in it),. But with Kearnen, we’re literally killing her ourselves and I don’t like it. It’d be better if her would-be assassin was somehow held up by a lost trail or something, and we have to help him back on track so he does get to her in time. That puts us one step removed from it, at least.

2 Likes

and in the warcrimes book she said she would forgive them if they said they were sorry for what they have done

1 Like

Its not a matter of which is worse. It’s a matter of degree of culpability. We’ve all known Alexstraza’s torment during the Second War. It’s part of what made the Horde back then such a hated faction, part of what made Thrall’s redemption of the Horde so powerful, part of what made the Alliance’s continuing mistrust justified.

You can argue that this stuff happened, but now it’s happening as a direct result of our actions. Just because it’s necessary, doesn’t make it right.

6 Likes

We’re just about as culpable when opening the dark portal and fixing the plagued grain.
Kearnen is the one where we’re more culpable than any, since we actually kill her directly.

2 Likes

that is canon.

the orcs did breed warmounts out of dragons.