PTR Patch Notes - WoW Classic Version 1.13.5

I still can’t copy my character.

1 Like

Uh. Grouping together isn’t cheating. Horde premade AB and WSG plenty.

Not really sure why Blizz feels AV should only be pugs, tbh.

are you that dense? horde didn’t have any means to queue together in av cuz of queue times and alliance did, do you not see the imbalance there or do you need me to spell it out for you more. we aren’t talking about ab and wsg here

Taking advantage of short queue times is not cheating. Understanding the algorithm of the matcher is not cheating. The end result was not what Blizzard wanted, so they changed the matcher. No one was cheating. Additionally, Alli queue times are short for the inverse reason yours are long. Want shorter queues? Consider how to get more Alli to come to AV.

1 Like

its cheating when you make a premade group against pugs in a mode that isn’t supposed to have premades. our queue times differ greatly because alliance doesn’t queue for bg’s, the whole faction imbalance excuse is a big fat lie. go check the statistics for horde and alliance players, you’ll find that theyre relatively the same

Are we ever going to get pre-geared level 60s to use on the PTR like every single PTR had back in vanilla? I don’t see why you guys changed that.

Obviously 4 bag slots is not a big deal by itself, but I fear it’s the start of a slippery slope for adding small incremental quality of life changes, which is how retail got to where it is. People playing Classic don’t want to play retail. Why not just throw in flying and dual-spec? Dumb move by blizz if this goes live

2 Likes

Eh. For one, I don’t think slippery slope is a thing. The decision is being made consciously and in an effort to improve game play for all.

For two, I’d like dual spec? But I accept that not getting the few features that really do work for me is a trade off I’m making to enjoy the game close to the way it was in Vanilla. I’m not obsessed with the nostalgia of it being a perfect copy – I just know it’s fun. That I love it, and that the little flaws are part of that.

Thats all well and good, but what is being done to address horde 2 hour AV queues?

Man I’ve been playing wow since 2004, ‘slippery slope’ is WoW in a nutshell. The difference between retail and classic didn’t happen overnight, it happened 4 bag slots at a time. Again, I realize it’s not a big deal by itself, but if you want all the quality of life improvements, they’re already in the game, in Retail. Keep em out of Classic imo

1 Like

I have been too. Sadly I think retail is a conscious drift from WoW. In part because the original dev team are long long gone, and the writers are gone. For a good long time I think Metzen was holding down the lore direction all by himself – and I never liked him! Not so much a slippery slope as the wanderings of a bloated corporation staggering from sub report to sub report looking to make the numbers pretty enough to give out bonuses.

1 Like

Imagine actually complaining about increased bag size

1 Like

This the real truth…

Seconded. Interested in whether the recipes will all be implemented as this stuff is really only going to be useful to anyone during the short, beginning progression period as even uber casual guilds will not be waiting around for 6 months to get past Huhuran. Would make 0 sense at all to wait until p6 to add them to game.

1 Like

you might have to play the real game, no way!

1 wipe might disband your guild, careful out there!

Dude get bent calling that a horde advantage when it was a coding mistake is a freaking joke. Honestly alliance need to stop whininf especially when u sit at SHgy for 30 min collecting HKs and the get your heads caved in once u lose that gy.

Alliance probably even hasn’t even tried to kill galv in months.

Wow, so 2 free Onyxia bags to everyone in the spirit of no changes…

Don’t you mean Nexus Crystals?
My understand Abyss Crystals are a future expansion thing.

Hello. On the authenticator bag slots:

One strong reason that players prefer Classic over the latest expansion is that in Classic, no in-game reward or effect can be produced from any out-of-game action other than playing the game. If you want something - anything - you play for it. Even boosting counts as playing in this respect: everything you’re getting comes from the result of in-game actions. The only exception to this is realm transfers and Blizzcon/preorder codes that give pets. This paradigm, which I’m tempted to call sacred, is core to the integrity and appeal of Classic.

To give people bag slots via an authenticator violates that paradigm.

Furthermore, it violates it inequitably. Some legitimate players cannot or do not want to use an authenticator. Classic is the game for them, and they were right to choose Classic, because Classic did not unfairly disadvantage them for their IRL circumstance. Now, for those people, and everyone else who appreciates the paradigm described above, Classic becomes Retail, which is not the product they have waited for and are paying for.

This is grossly inconsiderate and should be changed. Here are some alternatives for rewarding those who authenticate: 1) Increase their character cap, 2) Server queue priority, 3) … I could say something ridiculous like a slightly increased instance reset cap, or a reduced hearthstone cooldown, but that would be wrong for the same reasons. Please, anything but changing the nature of the game based on an arbitrary IRL criterion (or purchase). All of us are here to escape such a thing.

Now, let’s talk value. On my server, a Traveler’s Backpack (BoE, 16 slots) costs 30g. A Bottomless Bag (BoE, 18 slots) costs 400g. So, an upgrade of 2 slots costs about 370 gold. Imagine what an upgrade of 4 slots would cost, considering how much of a premium bags slots are at. 1000g? 2000g? 4000g after inflation by the server’s high rollers?

The only other 18 slotters in the game come from 20-man bosses and are extremely hotly contested, or locked behind an immense rep and material grind available only in the final phase of the game. There are currently no 20 slotters in the game. This authenticator change would put the first 20 slot bag into the game, and give them to everyone at level 1 for free.

2 Likes

I think your argument is an interesting one against tokens. But not the authenticator bag slots. The authenticator is free. You cannot purchase it, it is free. There may be a limited number of people without a smart phone who also have access to a computer that can play WoW. I don’t know what to say to that except that whatever issues you have going on that resulted in this particular combination are probably more important for you to focus on than whether or not you have 4 extra slots in your backpack.

The bag slots are in your backpack. Securing your account benefits you and the whole classic community. Since the authenticator is free, then the value of the bag slots is 0g. Also you cannot sell your bagslots to someone else – value 0g.