PSA: Wowhead's loot post is a troll

They cut out the important bits. Currently, this is just for testing. We have no idea what will happen when it all goes live. It could stay this way or we could have options.

That’s not to say y’all shouldn’t give feedback, because you should. Just wanted to give a heads up about them cherry picking things, just in case it helped calm some of the outrage.

10 Likes

Thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Yeah, they seriously mislead people with that “DF season 1” title…

1 Like

I’m hoping you’re right, but I lack the confidence in Blizzard to assume this is merely a case of poor wording.

Wowhead had a clickbait article?

No way.

4 Likes

sorry but the pitchfork is already out.

once the pitchfork comes out it has to fork something.

1 Like

…No it’s not.

Season 1 isn’t beta. Season 1 is after Dragonflight launches.

They’re testing how things are going to work in Season 1. This is literally why we need to give feedback - they’ve agreed this is the system they want to go forward with, and that’s why they’re testing it.

If it was STRICTLY for the test environment, they would say it’s for the beta, not season 1.

6 Likes

Well my feedback is this sucks and they shouldn’t go though with it for DF.

2 Likes

I thought Blizz’s post was just for raid testing on the beta?

There’s no way they are ditching personal loot as a system for the actual release of DragonNutz, right?

1 Like

Hope it stays the way it is. There’s already so much loot over drama. I remember back then when people would intentionally not let certain classes in just so they can be the only ones to roll on certain items.

WTF? Why would they go back to a system that was terrible. It was absolutely terrible because of all the drama it caused. Personal loot is just personal loot, people don’t whine or cry over someone rolling over an item. And now reverting it back to what is like several years behind is just. Bonkers!

2 Likes

Testing for what genius?

I never get any loot with my drama. I blame RNG.

2 Likes

Title should say…

PSA: Wowhead generates ad revenue and will make 1000 articles about the most minute tidbits of information

If the playerbase shrinks and fewer people are following the game then wowhead will have to do more with less. Even if they reported wrong, you’ll see 10 follow up articles about it.

2 Likes

People whined about being forced into Personal Loot - giving the option for either is fine, but forcing Group Loot is just as bad as forcing Personal. (and if you are against forced Personal but telling us to suck it up, you’re a massive hypocrite)

There’s like a 99% chance this change is because World First Raiders were exploiting Personal Loot to buy tier - they’re punishing the 99.9% to stop the 0.1% from exploiting, instead of explicitly just telling WFRs they can be banned if they exploit loot lockouts like they have been.

If it was any other group, 100% guarantee Blizzard would do that. But WFR brings Blizzard revenue and free advertisement, so they’d rather punish the 99.9%.

3 Likes

So you didn’t read my post. Got it.

As of right now, it is. But as I said, we don’t know if this will change or stay. So the feedback is still good.

You can’t be this obtuse.