PSA that sitting in a large queue is your choice

So lemme get this straight, I have to convince 10 other people to transfer off as well or I end up playing by myself, please just shutup lol.

2 Likes

You dont have to convince anyone of anything. If these other people are stupid enough to choose to pay $15/month to stare at the queue screen, thats entirely their problem. Find new friends if they’re that braindead.

2 Likes

i think its 5k, even worse. I was goldcapped (5k transfer cap, not the 300k cap or whatever it is) on so many characters and lost gold with transfers

What about those of us who took the transfer, from Benediction to Sulfuras, and now we have a 2hr queue again?

3 Likes

enjoy your dead server next month

3 Likes

How do you downrate a reply here? Asking for a friend!

2 Likes

What about people who are already experiencing problems despite transferring already?

2 Likes

Lots of people are xfering to Old blanchy. Prob after being kicked and having to relog lolz. Gona have a queue on this realm soon if they dont lock it.

You log onto retail.

You have a choice:

1. Deal with the queue now.
  2. Leave your friends and end up on a dead server later.

How about Blizzard should do the job that I’m literally paying them for?

9 Likes

Im on grobb. Server will be fine.

Does anyone know if the Free Server Migration only applies to 1 character or can I use it on all of my toon on the server?

It’s not the most cringe thing you’ve ever seen pal

No, we just dont feel like xferring back and forth again when the other servers die. Rather wait im que for a couple weeks

I respectfully disagree. Blizzard is isolating a considerably larger portion of their WoW Classic base with this type of solution. As many others have already pointed out here, and elsewhere, the core of WoW Classic is the Community, which is the Classic team leads and devs have stated to be their core design philosophy for the game.

However, in resolving players to transfer between servers that destroys the Communities and markets built upon these servers, which have been cultivated for months and even a few years now. While some contend that the players should have had the foresight to transfer, the reality is that Blizzard should have had the foresight to know this would happen and they failed to prepared. There are other logistical steps and measures they could have implemented to help prevent and alleviate this issue and they did not: instead, they yoked their burden onto the customer base and this is the result.

Blizzard’s solution is fundamentally flawed because of the fracturing it causes to all of these communities, to the servers players are trying to maintain and ones they’re moving into, and the the negative impacts on these servers may not even stabilize for weeks if not months. Not only this, but it appears that so many players are trying to utilize the character transfer service that the service itself is now bogged-down with long wait times as well, longer than many queues even. As Ursula K. LeGuin wrote in A Wizard of Earthsea: to light a candle is to cast a shadow.

Ultimately, this is not the fault of the players but Blizzard’s because of their lack of action and initiative. This was their solution, not ours, and it has clearly not gone as they planned.

4 Likes

I would gladly sit in a queue to play on one of the few servers with an opposing faction and one that won’t die 4 months in

2 Likes

Transferring again
 15hr wait time lol
 shoulda just stayed in queue.

It was my choice Blizzard offered free transfers to Grobbulus from the dying servers 6 months ago?

1 Like

They should make new realms instead of expecting people to go to a dead realm. Like no one’s going Old Blanchy, there’s no one there

those ppl would have outright quit

phase 2 was an unmitigated disaster