PSA: smart horde players will be leveling in Stockades at the start of P2

Get a few friends together before P2 drops, spend 30 minutes corpserunning to Stockades, and when the update hits, boom - you’re in one of the fastest leveling areas from 25 - 30. You and your crew can then zoom to level 30 by spamming the dungeon, leaving most of the plebs on your faction in the dust while they grind SFK (low level dungeon, limited XP) or open world mobs.

1 Like

I think I’ll skip the corpse run, and hit up RFK instead. With the gear out of BFD and hit rating from world buffs and set bonus, it should be a pretty easy run.

23 Likes

Does this mean I can solo level doing stocks solo?

1 Like

Even with world buffs and decent gear, you’re not going to be efficiently killing dungeon elites 6 - 8 levels higher than your group. Maybe you can technically do it, but your XP / hour is going to be absolutely miserable and you’re going to have a really tough time.

Stockade is infinitely more efficient. You can bulldoze the instance and spam it over and over with ease.

I mean you only have to make it 12 mins into the dungeon before you reset.

Most of the early mobs are soloable, I think with a 5man you would be fine.

The problem with RFK is that the mob density isn’t nearly as high and the tougher pulls mean significantly slower kills, at least until you can gain a couple of levels to really start gaining some traction. You can kill entrance trash for 12 minutes and then reset, sure, but it’s not going to be all that quick for actually getting XP. The whole appeal of Stockade is that it’s the perfect level for a tight crew to smash with big, continuous pulls, which is going to net XP at a much quicker rate.

Glad SM is on my side of the world.

1 Like

Stocks is hands down the best dungeon for grinding to 30.

Issue is I think even resetting it will aggro guards.

Wonder if you can macro an instance reset.

You get a good ~5 - 6 seconds from the time you leave the instance to the time guards actually reach you and start attacking you. If everyone exits the instance at the same time, you have enough time to reset without risking anyone dying.

You could fill up your quest log right now with completed quests waiting to be turned in.(you could even go out of your way to make as many red as possible)
But yeah, grinding later is a thing I guess.

2 Likes

I’ll just quest grind cause alliance will be in stockades so limited PvP and uncontested areas.

The title should read “to alliance, most of us will be spamming stockades so if you’re smart you’ll do the same so you don’t get run over by all the horde since your friends are in stockades and can’t help you.”

K, maybe that’s a little long for thread title

3 Likes

Everyone doesn’t need to zone out to reset.

Leader zones out, I’m going to see if their is a macro or script and hotkey it…

Press it when I zone out, it will reset then the 4 inside need to just zone out and in.

Yea, that’s what I’ve done, I have 18 completed quests in my log right now.

1 Like

Bro you can do SFK until 30. No point going to stocks lol.

We can go from SFK to SM all in horde zones.

I can see the alliance coping threads have already started.

Counter point, just have fun

9 Likes

Thank goodness! I can get back to complaining there’s nothing to do much faster this way.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna do quests the normal way, and then have some fun in world pvp with horde.

1 Like

Stockades as a group isn’t as good as people think, purely because the instance just doesn’t have that much exp within it, its around 8k-9k per run depending on the levels within the group, which means it caps out at around 32-36k per lockout with 40k in the first hour

25-30 will take like 6 hours at this rate, if leveling quickly is important to you then you should be doing prequests, there are already logs above 90k

It would be a disaster as horde

You can get from 25-28 with 40-50m of quest turn ins with decent preparedness, skipping stocks entirely.

min/maxing leveling in a nostalgia game that caps levels…that’s a bit cringe tbh, and like this phase the runes will be the strongest abilities you have so you’ll miss all the runes that make leveling easier…

4 Likes