PSA: Players new to vanilla - Murlocs WILL kill you!

If you grew up on later patches where any class can pull any bunch of mobs or elites and kill them all no problem. I get a word of warning for you. When you get a quest to go to a murloc camp, either skip it, find a group, or pull the outliers and DON’T LET THEM RUN. Just like decently geared warlocks, Murlocs WILL kill you. Every.single.time. If you don’t heed these words, you will remember this when you wake up in the middle of a night in a cold sweat, hearing murglgrgllgrl, afraid to look under the bed. You have been warned.

43 Likes

Hearing the sounds of Murlocs in my head… make it stop… :sob:

6 Likes

Don’t warn them. It’s funnier that way.

12 Likes

I think the only reason I really want a BC server is for others to share in the joys of the Fel Reaver after soloing most, if not all, elites in classic.

I can’t wait for my first run to the SM/VC instance portal though…

3 Likes

If you want to find RL vanilla wow players, set your phone ringer to murloc sounds. Take your phone to your IT department, pop your phone up into the ceiling tiles and have somebody call it. A vanilla wow player will scramble under his desk.

7 Likes

And kobolds, kobolds will kill you. And wolves. And spiders. And boars.

Cows and sheep are mostly safe.

7 Likes

Just wait until you meet the Defias Pillager.

HUH.

HUH HUH HUH HUH HUH.

17 Likes

Not true, can vouch. Misclick that deer in Elwynn and it will have your head on a plaque.

1 Like

You forgot the Gnolls… Those pesky Gnolls in Redridge and Westfall suuucked so bad in groups…

4 Likes

I still suffer from vanilla murloc PTSD.

5 Likes

Yea. Pretty much anything in WOW can (and will) kill you.

thoughtfully Even sheep are dangerous if there’s an engineer around.

3 Likes

And kill you again…and again…and again.
You WILL have nightmares about that stupid gurgling sound they make and wake up in a cold sweat screaming for a heal

1 Like

Nonsense! Murlocs are perfectly harmless, like this little fellow right here. Isn’t that right, buddy?
Mrglglglggll!
Oh hey look, some of your friends are here, too! Hi guys!
Mrglglg! Mrgrlrglglgl!
Wow that’s… that’s a lot of friends. Heh. Uhm, yeah, so I should probably get going-
MRGLGLGLGLGRGL!
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH :skull:

22 Likes

Lower levels when every mob is a tooth and nail fight to the death…I can’t wait.

On a PVP server when you level into the first shared zone…scary…I cant wait.

Yea, it seems like every murloc in the zone is tagged together. You touch one, and they come out of the woodwork. Almost literally.

3 Likes

You’re every walk to BB through the joys of STV stealth mobs.

3 Likes

Grats OP! I haven’t been on a thread where there are eight or nine ppl replying at once! Great fun topic!

1 Like

I don’t know why but I never really had too many issues. But murlocs in ANY zone are easily my least favorite. If they could their sh1t together and actually have some form of progressive intelligence they would certainly take over Azeroth.

2 Likes

Deadmines is not so bad but, if you take the plaguelands route to SM as Alliance it can get a little froggy. Not to mention all of the loving Horde players waiting on the other side up and into SM’s locked doors.

Oh crap - I forgot about that part. lol.

1 Like