PSA: One important factor to consider for content delay:

COVID-19.

While we are currently nearing the end of the coronavirus pandemic because of newly created vaccinations, people seem to forget that the biggest and one of the most important reasons why there was or is a content drought (eleven months for 9.1.5) is because of sickness. Blizzard employees had to work remotely – which isn’t as easy as you think. I’m more than sure they had to use a lot asymmetric communication via email.

California, the state in which houses ActiBlizz HQ, got hit really hard with it. Especially considering people decided to go to beach parties when we were supposed to conduct social distancing.

Wanna take a guess how many people got sick? Nearly five million. About one-sixth of the total CA population.

EDIT: The community was stubborn enough to use the flagging system as their beloved downvote system. This post has now been restored. GG, GD. You never cease to amaze me.

9 Likes

Nop its not a factor.

56 Likes

You have unleashed chaos. The anti-vaxxers are coming out.

3 Likes

Many companies adapted to it long ago from fast food, warehouses, supply chain and distro.

You’re telling me a billion dollar company can’t have people work from home with no commute?

55 Likes

They were unable to work in their designed offices.

Keep huffing that copium bud

37 Likes

Get ready for lots of responses from GD “business experts” that will tell you that Covid wasn’t an issue.

3 Likes

The lawsuit literally lists playing CoD and handing off their work to the women minority of workers as a workplace misconduct for male employees… can we please stop blaming Covid solely and place the blame where it belongs?

It’s right there in black and white that some of the employees have goofed off for years…

9 Likes

They should have done the patch releases more like Legion, where there was an entire content patch that was JUST Tazzavesh (and that Maw world boss, stuck in an instance somewhere), just like the 7.1 patch in Legion was JUST Return to Karazhan & a mini-raid.

And then nobody would have complained, right?

Right?

Right? :laughing:

Gonna guess that didn’t start in the last 2 years…but they were still able to release content in a reasonable time.

2 Likes

If Blizzard burns down the OP’s house, he would thank them for the warmth.

20 Likes

Weird how many other companies managed to do just fine working from home but blizzard couldn’t

18 Likes

iunno, i’m working retail and things have been pretty rough since at least july if you want to be really generous. Over the last year or two, so many businesses have failed to function on a basic level due to staffing issues caused by the pandemic yet somehow no one seems to understand that.

1 Like

That is because some global regions had little cases of COVID-19 abound. North Korea was hardly affected.

But you take a look at some places in the EU… they’ve been hit harder than CA. New York was also extremely dangerous.

You know its a good comparison when your first example is north korea

They have such a bustling travel industry

4 Likes

That’s many factors. The pandemic caused many to go “why am i doing this?” In Any customer job many are tired of getting yelled at, managers siding with excrement customers, wonky schedule, and lack of pay. (And other reasons)

Warehousing pays more, is less stress and you don’t have customers yelling at you over minor crap along with a set schedule.

I’m not even getting into that one… still funny they almost tumblred themselves

1 Like

So does onlyfans :wink:

yea haha it is

1 Like

Covid-19 is not the root cause of their delayed development cycle; it began starting with BFA. The pandemic only amplified issues that had already taken root.

3 Likes

Well, I didn’t say it was the “root cause”. I’m saying it was a factor.

On another rule of thumb, some employees perhaps had family members who were sick with the nasty stuff.